Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Product Identification

Old 07-16-2018, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Product Identification

I was hoping to call upon the expertise of the Forum to help identify the manufacturer of a couple different pieces. I picked some stuff up cheap off Craigslist, and it seems to be perfectly good, but I'm not sure what company it's from. I'm mostly just trying to figure it out for my own records.

First off, the front bumper. It seems similar to a few different versions I've seen, and it does have an integrated winch mount. There are light tabs on the bull-bar too, that you can't see in the picture. (Note that the bolts sticking out the top are something I added to support the skid plate.) [Bumper seems to be RoughCountry. resharp001 rules!]

The next piece is this skid plate, that was on the Jeep when I purchased it from CarMax. It's a frickin' heavy chunk of steel, and while it does reduce the clearance on the front end a little bit, it also seems to provide some really nice protection for steering components.

Then there's the fenders, which I got as a straight swap for my stocks. The flares are some flimsy plastic crap, but they don't flop about on the highway at least. They do leave an annoying bit of sheet metal sticking out on the back side though. [Thanks again, resharp001! These are from Rugged Ridge]

The front Inners are pretty beefy, steel aluminum and textured powdercoat black with some vent holes in them. They were part of the swap for my stocks as well. [These look to be from ACE: Thanks, resharp001!]

Then the rear bumper, which seems to match the front bumper, but is such a generic design that I have no idea where it came from. Frustratingly enough, it has ONE mounting hole that doesn't quite line up on the rear outside of the frame, passenger side. [Since resharp001 is so good at this, let's just assume he's right on this one too: an E-Autogrilles 51-0310!]

If you've got a pretty good idea of who made any of these, I'd love to hear it! It doesn't really matter, but I'd like to know anyway.

Last edited by RedRubycon; 07-17-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

The liners look like Ace to me. That is exactly where mine bolt up as well.

ACE JK Aluminum Inner Fenders

Only thing that makes me question that is you said they were steel rather than aluminum.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
The liners look like Ace to me. That is exactly where mine bolt up as well.

ACE JK Aluminum Inner Fenders

Only thing that makes me question that is you said they were steel rather than aluminum.
Ahh, you know, that looks right. I'm likely mis-remembering how heavy they were, and with the coating on them it's harder to tell. Those require a couple extra holes, one in the front and one in the back, as well?
Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by RedRubycon
Ahh, you know, that looks right. I'm likely mis-remembering how heavy they were, and with the coating on them it's harder to tell. Those require a couple extra holes, one in the front and one in the back, as well?
yes, I recall having to use self tapping screw there at the front body mount, and the rear screw as well.
The following users liked this post:
RedRubycon (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, gonna mark that one as ID'd then!
Old 07-16-2018, 11:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

It's really hard to tell from that one picture, but are you certain those fenders aren't just factory that someone did a really good job cutting close to the point they curve over/down? I'm not sure there are any aftermarket flares that extend up past the grill like the factory does. Also why I think it leaves that big of sheet metal showing back there towards the rear and why I'm guessing they attached with the same factory clips??

Not sure on the bumpers or sway bar skid.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I take back my previous comment......they might be Rugged Ridge -

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugge...jk-116201.html
Old 07-16-2018, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Aha! Man, you're good at this... those are absolutely the right flares, with that little light bracket... it's got this ridiculous spring-clip on the back end that barely works. Better than not having them at all though, even if my tires hit them all the damn time.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Ok, I'll keep chipping crap off the list....LOL. I have too much spare time. Here's your front I'm almost positive -

https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-Full-Width-Wrangler-Unlimited/dp/B01MCWU2PO
Rear may be RC as well, but haven't looked closely yet.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it's not the Rough Country, then it's something so close that neither I nor anyone else would be able to tell the difference. Thanks again, resharp!

The rear bumper seems to match the front one, in terms of design and finish, but I can't find anything that quite matches... It looks like like this one here, but the tips don't extend forward like that... or it's exactly like this one, but without the tire carrier, or anywhere to put one.... and it's exactly like this one, but my receiver is built into the bumper.

Last edited by RedRubycon; 07-16-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Product Identification