Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pumping Gas...

Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pumping Gas...

It seems that every time, 9 times out of 10, that when I pump gas it spills over. Whether i push the tab on the pump so it goes by its self, or hold it the entire time. Some times it doesn't stop at all, but most of the time it will click off, but then spill over. It's not always the same gas station, or specific pump for that matter. Is this the pump, or are other people having this problem? I really can't see a reason why it would be the jeep its self, but I honestly don't know how the pump works.

Any ideas?

Justin
Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

mine used to do the same thing, especially if I tried to top it off....after the first auto cutoff. Now I just don't put the nozzle all the way in, don't fill to max pressure, and stop when the the autofill stops. I haven't had it happen in some time now. But you are not the only one. Here is the thread that discusses this issue

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/gas-tank-overfill-video-pics-67585/
Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sclan
mine used to do the same thing, especially if I tried to top it off....after the first auto cutoff. Now I just don't put the nozzle all the way in, don't fill to max pressure, and stop when the the autofill stops. I haven't had it happen in some time now. But you are not the only one. Here is the thread that discusses this issue

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67585
Thanks man, as i was scrolling to find my thread i saw yours. My does not do it because I am trying to top off. it will happen the first time it stops, if I am holding it by hand OR if i have it set to go by its self.

Quick Reply: Pumping Gas...