Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Raise the seat...

Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raise the seat...

Any way to raise passenger seat on jk? If it can be done
Old 08-16-2017, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lol interesting to find out

ive thought about this for years , my drivers is cranked up , and the passenger looks like there on the floor stupid system they should have both been adjustable . the bolts look pretty hidden under crap too underneath so i just said forget it i was thinking spacers or something (could add a raised cushion there under a seat cover maybe idk

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-16-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
ive thought about this for years , my drivers is cranked up , and the passenger looks like there on the floor stupid system they should have both been adjustable . the bolts look pretty hidden under crap too underneath so i just said forget it i was thinking spacers or something (could add a raised cushion there under a seat cover maybe idk
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a company that makes a riser kit for the back seat witch are basically small aluminum blocks and some longer bolts . They go between the seat brackets and the floor and are very easy to install I found them on amazon
Old 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cidd
There is a company that makes a riser kit for the back seat witch are basically small aluminum blocks and some longer bolts . They go between the seat brackets and the floor and are very easy to install I found them on amazon
Thanx Ill check it out..
Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

We have been trying to find a kit for 5 years now and was told by every place that it is illegal do do that due to safety concerns. We just gave up.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
We have been trying to find a kit for 5 years now and was told by every place that it is illegal do do that due to safety concerns. We just gave up.
Thanks what I figured...
Old 08-18-2017, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

There are spacers available for the TJ's and all the Jeeps before them, but nothing for the JK's. We even asked a few custom shops to do it and the answer was no every time. Living in CA does not help either.

The only thing I can think of is to get a right hand drive driver seat and install it, but finding one with black leather is not easy nor cheep.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a front seat spacer block kit on amazon for $60 mint not be what you are hunting for but might help with some ideas

Quick Reply: Raise the seat...