Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

extended cargo mat

Old 02-19-2018, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extended cargo mat

Does anybody make a cargo mat that also covers the 2nd row seats when they are folded down?
I have a '17 Unlimited and I never have the back seats up. I'm afraid my dog will hurt himself in the gaps right behind the seats when they are folded down.
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2018, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I've never seen what you're requesting, and that dumb ass gap we have is one of the biggest flaws of the JK IMO. Considering this isn't rocket science, and they already had similar flaps that fold to cover gaps like that on other Jeep models, there was no reason I could see they didn't have something like that on the JK. It was nice to see they fixed that issue on the JL. I built a storage unit in the back of mine, and I have pieces that flip forward to create an entirely flat surface over that area. In fact, I just built a new one and bedlined it to match the bedlined tub so it all blends in. To my dismay, I've realized that the bedlined surface is as good as ice for my dog when he's back there. No traction at all and slips around trying to hold on for dear life. Guess I'll need to start throwing a blanket or towel down....which will probably slide itself.

Quick Reply: extended cargo mat