Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Cargo light question

Old 05-17-2018, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Cargo light question

The rear cargo light on the rear roll bar is hanging down on one side on my JKU. I can push it back up into the roll bar pad, but it won't latch to anything. Is this a common problem? Searched but couldn't find anything. I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I have to take it back to the dealer.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2018, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with that. I've never had mine out so, sorry, can't offer any advice on what makes it stay in place. The most common newbie question is why is that light staying on? It has a press-to-turn-on feature that can be easily activated when bumped (such as when reaching over back seat). You'll be driving down the road and notice that the light is still on.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I took mine out completely when I removed roll bar padding. If I recall, it just snapped up there in to place. Odd that it is hanging down....I can't see one of the tabs randomly breaking. I'd just push it back up in to place and see if it snaps in.

**edit - sorry, i see you're saying it doesn't snap in when you push it up there. When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can locate mine in the garage and snap a pic of what the tabs look like. This isn't something I'd take a trip to the dealer for. If you have a broken tab, I'd be willing to send mine your way for a few bucks and price of flat rate shipping box ($7.95). I don't see it ever being re-installed on my jeep.

Last edited by resharp001; 05-18-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

resharp001 thanks for the offer. Since it's just 2 weeks old I'll let the dealer fix it. Just made an appointment for next week when I'll be up that way. I just wanted to find out if it was a common problem with the JKUs.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by byrdock
resharp001 thanks for the offer. Since it's just 2 weeks old I'll let the dealer fix it. Just made an appointment for next week when I'll be up that way. I just wanted to find out if it was a common problem with the JKUs.

​​​​Np. Definitely not a common issue.

Quick Reply: Rear Cargo light question