Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Drive Shaft Boot

Old 09-13-2017, 11:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We tore our rear driveshaft boot last year running the Rubicon. I took the opportunity to install a new Adams Driveshaft. I got the 1310 greasable version delivered to the door for under $400.00 bucks. Take the opportunity to upgrade as the boot replacement kit is gonna set you back $100.00 bucks as it is.

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 09-13-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
We tore our rear driveshaft boot last year running the Rubicon. I took the opportunity to install a new Adams Driveshaft. I got the 1310 greasable version delivered to the door for under $400.00 bucks. Take the opportunity to upgrade as the boot replacement kit is gonna set you back $100.00 bucks as it is.
I read on here somewhere that they didn't even make a boot kit, you have to buy the whole shaft. We were talking about the front ds so maybe the rear is different.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Just not worth the effort at all to worry bout it. Fronts need to be upgraded sooner, the rear will last a long time. This whole thing always irritates me. Teraflex shows you how to scooch that over an inch to avoid this very thing....at no cost....but damn Jeep couldn't just do this from the factory? Or, flip the DS around so that the slines are closer to the TC and away from the evap skid. It would cost the factory nothing additional to mount it in that manner instead. I guess Jeep feels like they did everyone a favor by adding a skid, or "so-called" skid, as the early JK's didn't have one there at all.....so instead of ripping off the evap when wheelin', now everyone just tears up their DS boot.

Quick Reply: Rear Drive Shaft Boot