Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing Center Console

Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Center Console

Does anybody know how to remove the top of the 4-wheel drive shifter? or the center console? I accidentally scartached the heck out of the two long plastic peices on both sides of the radio/air controls. I am trying to replace them. Anyways, I have removed all of the screws except for the 2 remaining screws on the bottom. The problem is, they are hidden behind the center console. Therefore, I believe that I need to remove the center console. HAs anyone done this? If so, do you have any tips?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Former Member

There's better threads with pics in here for the searching but one of the first ones I remember is called "removing factory radio" found in the "jk talk "categorie.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start at the center console and pull up carfully on the center piece of plastic. It just keeps popping up as you work your way to the front.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Start at the center console and pull up carfully on the center piece of plastic. It just keeps popping up as you work your way to the front.
The front doesn't pop up ,but slides back. It has a lip on the front (Engine) end. It fooled me, I bought bits to remove the fake bolts.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

LOL thanks for all of the help guys......no matter how hard I tried....I could not get teh shifter knob off. But its ok....I found a way around it!!! Whew....glad thats over with!!!

Thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mykal1999
LOL thanks for all of the help guys......no matter how hard I tried....I could not get teh shifter knob off. But its ok....I found a way around it!!! Whew....glad thats over with!!!

Thanks
Shifter knob just pulls off, Its a good tug.

Quick Reply: Removing Center Console