Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing the inner - inner door panel?

Old 06-24-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the inner - inner door panel?

Hey guys/gals. Anyone have a copy of the JK Manual on how to remove the inner door panel that's behind the door panel.

I pulled my door panel off which was pretty easy, but couldn't figure out how to remove the panel behind it.

The door glass seems to be connected to it which I've since read that it is. I disconnected the power window motor which made the glass move up and down freely, but still couldn't figure out how to remove the panel. It seems the glass tracks are wedged behind the metal door opening.

Very strange. I've never seen a set up like this. There's got to be a step by step procedure.

In case you're wondering. I'm trying to get to my inner door latch to upgrade to the new revised latch.

~

Last edited by huskynox; 06-25-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone? No one has the JK manual on CD?

Thanks~
Old 06-25-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yea

search this site; someone posted it a while ago...

its a huge PDF or what not...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Here ya go....

1. Position the glass into the down position.
2. Remove the door trim panel

3. If equipped, using a punch or similar tool, carefully remove the glass disconnect hole plugs
4. Release the two glass retainer tabs (3) and separate the glass clip (4) from the regulator lift plate and position into the full up position.
5. Position the glass (1) into the full up position and using tape or equivalent, secure the glass.

6. Disconnect the door wire harness at the A-pillar and separate the check strap from the hook.
7. Remove the screws (6) and separate the wire harness push pins from the door structure.
8. Remove the door handle screw (1).
9. Remove the latch screws (4).
10. Remove the rubber hole plug in the door and remove the nut (2).
11. Remove the upper latch bracket screw (3).
12. Remove the carrier plate screws (5) and remove the carrier plate assembly (7) from the door.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

JackMacOKC,

Thank you.

Seems a little intense. I don't really understand step #3.

I wonder if anyone has actually dismantled their door this far?

Husky~
Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC

3. If equipped, using a punch or similar tool, carefully remove the glass disconnect hole plugs
4. Release the two glass retainer tabs (3) and separate the glass clip (4) from the regulator lift plate and position into the full up position.
5. Position the glass (1) into the full up position and using tape or equivalent, secure the glass.

6. Disconnect the door wire harness at the A-pillar and separate the check strap from the hook.
7. Remove the screws (6) and separate the wire harness push pins from the door structure.
12. Remove the carrier plate screws (5) and remove the carrier plate assembly (7) from the door.

Just tore mine apart

1 Remove inner panel and the weather striping, AKA seal.
2 Remove all bolts inner panel
3 Roll window almost all the way up.
4 pry the inner panel a little out to get to clips that hold the window in place
5 use 2 screw driver to push clips in and the roll regulator down.
6 Twist the window 90 degress and remove it
Old 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Lightbulb 2012 JKU Rubicon Passenger Door (Front) Window regulator

I just replaced the window regulator on my JKU this afternoon - my cable guide had snapped with a big crack!

After looking at the replacement part I decided to break the tabs that hold the nylon slide to the metal rail. Used a long flat screwdriver through a small gap between the top of the inner door panel and the door to pry them until they snapped. Once that happened I could pull the inner door panel away from the door and use a flat screwdriver to separate the bottom of the window from the regulator nylon holder and remove the white regulator nylon window holder from the window. There is a yellow-ish piece of plastic that stays in the bottom of the window - leave it there.

Once I had the new regulator in place I re-connected the door handle and lock cables, re-installed the inner door panel and carefully let the window down into the new regulator nylon support. There was a loud "click" as it locked into the new regulator. Finished reassembly and it is working fine.

Actually an easy repair once you accept the fact you have to break the old regulator nylon window support to remove the inner door panel. Sorry, but no pics.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2020, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pictures?

Originally Posted by JackMac4

Are there supposed to be pics that go with this? Or a diagram?
Old 01-26-2021, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GunnerAZ
I just replaced the window regulator on my JKU this afternoon - my cable guide had snapped with a big crack!

After looking at the replacement part I decided to break the tabs that hold the nylon slide to the metal rail. Used a long flat screwdriver through a small gap between the top of the inner door panel and the door to pry them until they snapped. Once that happened I could pull the inner door panel away from the door and use a flat screwdriver to separate the bottom of the window from the regulator nylon holder and remove the white regulator nylon window holder from the window. There is a yellow-ish piece of plastic that stays in the bottom of the window - leave it there.

Once I had the new regulator in place I re-connected the door handle and lock cables, re-installed the inner door panel and carefully let the window down into the new regulator nylon support. There was a loud "click" as it locked into the new regulator. Finished reassembly and it is working fine.

Actually an easy repair once you accept the fact you have to break the old regulator nylon window support to remove the inner door panel. Sorry, but no pics.

Good luck!
Thank you for posting this. For some reason I had a hard time finding this information and luckily found this post via google. I created an account just to thank you. I saved so much time.

Quick Reply: Removing the inner - inner door panel?