Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what type bolts?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what type bolts?

I have searched but can't find....

Someone had a great idea and I want to find more info. He replaced the plastic push pins (or what ever they are called) that hold the plastic air dam to the front bumper. I know that many people remove the air dam (as have I), but I would like to put it back on and have lost these STUPID retainers.

Someone used bolts and nylon enclosed nuts to hold theirs on.

What size would these be?

Yes I could just get under her and eyeball it but someone has already done it and I would like to know what size they used......

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used metal hollow wall anchors. The base stays in the hole and the screw come out to remove it. I can take mine on and off in about 5 minutes. I leave it on most of the time to keep some of the mud out of the engine bay, but if there is lots of debris in the middle of the trail I will stop and take it off so it doesn't get ripped off.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that they are pretty small, no way I will ever get mine back on smashed it on everything I get near. I can't see how Jeep ever expected that thing to survive

Quick Reply: what type bolts?