Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon Sway Bar Light Flashing

Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Sway Bar Light Flashing

I searched but couldn't find an answer. The SWAY BAR light started flashing on our '08 Rubicon. We've never used that feature - it just started flashing one day. I looked up underneath it and it's not disengaged. I tried the owner's manual instructions to disengage/re-engage it and it does nothing. At this point it's really just an annoying flashing light but I'd like to see if I can fix it. Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went through this recently. Mine was flashing because of a corroded connection. I had white corrosive powder in the plug. I unplugged it and cleaned with wire brush and electric connection cleaner.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

could be water in the sway bar too along with corrosion too. Get it fixed ASAP because it can put you into limp mode
Old 06-26-2017, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbojimmy
I searched but couldn't find an answer. The SWAY BAR light started flashing on our '08 Rubicon. We've never used that feature - it just started flashing one day. I looked up underneath it and it's not disengaged. I tried the owner's manual instructions to disengage/re-engage it and it does nothing. At this point it's really just an annoying flashing light but I'd like to see if I can fix it. Any ideas?
Just wanted to follow up with a picture. This is the plastic clip that releases the connector. Then it pulls straight off toward the front of the jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3412.PNG
Views:	1578
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	672810  

Quick Reply: Rubicon Sway Bar Light Flashing