Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rugged Ridge vs. Strike Force Zebra Half Doors?

Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Guys, I am looking into these... I like that RR has the uppers. Not sure when they will be available for SFZ.

Can anyone provide additional feedback on both (either)?
I think the uppers for SFZ will probably be available this summer. I hope.

I have heard mixed things about RR
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have the sfz doors...yet. I have seen them in person. And compared to the RR doors they are far better. The fit is much cleaner. They are very well built. The storage on the doors is great. And as was said before the handle and latch is far superior. When I spend my money on half doors it will be sfz.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepwave
I think the uppers for SFZ will probably be available this summer. I hope.

I have heard mixed things about RR
We recommend Rugged Ridge. We haven't had any issues or complaints. Good luck with your decision and post some picture when done!!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am deciding on either of these and OEM doors. Don't really want to spend the bucks on the OEM doors and uppers but I would like to keep the interior of my Jeep fairly dry for now. Maybe in a couple years I will Linex the tub and won't worry about it anymore.

Anyway, the SFZ doors don't look like they have any interior handles to make it easy to close the door. So when you add the uppers, how do you close the door? Do you have to pull on the inside latch?

I just wish that some manufacturer would make great, lightweight, compact doors that would work with the OEM uppers! Or make uppers as good as the OEM ones.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by snags922
I am deciding on either of these and OEM doors. Don't really want to spend the bucks on the OEM doors and uppers but I would like to keep the interior of my Jeep fairly dry for now. Maybe in a couple years I will Linex the tub and won't worry about it anymore.

Anyway, the SFZ doors don't look like they have any interior handles to make it easy to close the door. So when you add the uppers, how do you close the door? Do you have to pull on the inside latch?

I just wish that some manufacturer would make great, lightweight, compact doors that would work with the OEM uppers! Or make uppers as good as the OEM ones.
We decided to incorporate the inside handle to close the door into the upper, it was just a design and esthetic issue with the lower portion it looked better without it.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra
We decided to incorporate the inside handle to close the door into the upper, it was just a design and esthetic issue with the lower portion it looked better without it.
That will work! So when are the uppers going to be ready? Do you have any pics that you can share?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by snags922
That will work! So when are the uppers going to be ready? Do you have any pics that you can share?
Sorry no pics yet, we are working on the window portion of design, but soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra
Sorry no pics yet, we are working on the window portion of design, but soon.
Will the existing doors take the uppers with zero modifications? I'd be willing to buy the doors now if I knew I'd have the uppers in the summer and I could put them n without having to do anything to the existing doors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess I must have bought the only set of Rugged Ridge doors with problems and had them warranty replaced by the only other set of Rugged Ridge doors with problems. What a shitty coincidence!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I know they can take a beating Dave at higher ground hit them on a rock and it just scuffed the door and his sheet metal was all cut and bent so that's why I'm going with sfz

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge vs. Strike Force Zebra Half Doors?