Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rust on JKU for sale

Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust on JKU for sale

I’m currently looking at an early JKU that spent years in West Virginia. It has rust underneath but the metal seems to be solid when hitting it with a screwdriver. I did find one rusted through place in the body directly above the frame rail in the rear. About how much money would it be to fix? I’ve added some other pictures to show the other rust underneath.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'd be more concerned about fasteners rusted in place. The hole sucks but that's fixable. Fasteners that go into blind holes are a little tougher to fix. The surface rust on the frame there isn't an issue. Maybe it's just me but I don't buy north of Richmond, VA because I've been burned by the rust in the past.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Personally I'd pass on it. You can find some further south that will have much less rust on them and will be easier to work on ni the long run.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Some of us live in NJ you know, you snobs!

Quick Reply: Rust on JKU for sale