JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Rust on a new JK and standard height (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/rust-new-jk-standard-height-346071/)

eng23ine 04-24-2018 12:27 PM

The Oscar Mike is a Sport with a few upgrades..... It has D30 front/ D44 rear, 3.73 gears, a rear LSD, and a 2.72:1 Transfer case.
The Rubicon has D44 front/D44 rear, choice of 3.73 or 4.10 gears, electric lockers front and rear, and a 4:1 Transfer case.

Ernestovr 04-24-2018 01:14 PM

I have two more questions;
#1 Can the D44 with LSD be convert to an electronic lock?
#2 Can the D30 be converted to an electronic lock?
#3 Is the D30 LSD or a different systems?
Just so you know I'm googleing this information to try to understand more.

VR
Ernesto.

Rednroll 04-24-2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ernestovr (Post 4319713)

Yes.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/1...BoCoDkQAvD_BwE

Yes.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/l...er-3-73-and-up

The D30 is an open differential. An LSD or locker "could" be added to it but smart money says to not spend too much money investing into the stock D30.

Ernestovr 04-24-2018 02:16 PM

So you could upgrade the rear for ~$1200.00 and change the front to a Dana 44 with Elock ~2500 or so. So about 4K would make it a full locking model. I looked up a few items based on everyone's information then looked at my documentation and notice that I have something called Track Lock in the rear. The video showed me what happens while on 4H and 4L but does this mean if things get very tough the power will go to the path of least resistance at least to the front?

resharp001 04-24-2018 02:28 PM

This is one of those things that you really just need to get out and use your jeep. Get your feet wet, figure out what kinda things you like to do, then plan from there. You very well could find you're perfectly capable with an open front and LSD in the back. You'd be surprised by the things you can do in a stock jeep. Now, you want to get in to aggressive rock crawling, that won't be enough and you'll need real lockers, but I suspect you will have a lot of fun in your new jeep as is. When you start seeing obstacles you can't conquer due to traction, that is when you start realizing your setup's deficiencies. You can wheel the heck out of what you have right now and have a lot of fun.

eng23ine 04-24-2018 04:04 PM

Just so you know I'm googleing this information to try to understand more.

VR
Ernesto.

Your JK with its rear LSD and BLD (brake lock differentials) is a extremely capable machine like it is. I doubt you'd see much gain from adding selectable lockers unless you're doing some pretty extreme rock crawling.

rob_engineer 04-24-2018 04:45 PM

My 2012 jku has open diff. I don't do anything hardcore, but I think the BLD is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Ernestovr 04-24-2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4319727)
This is one of those things that you really just need to get out and use your jeep. Get your feet wet, figure out what kinda things you like to do, then plan from there. You very well could find you're perfectly capable with an open front and LSD in the back. You'd be surprised by the things you can do in a stock jeep. Now, you want to get in to aggressive rock crawling, that won't be enough and you'll need real lockers, but I suspect you will have a lot of fun in your new jeep as is. When you start seeing obstacles you can't conquer due to traction, that is when you start realizing your setup's deficiencies. You can wheel the heck out of what you have right now and have a lot of fun.

Very good advise thank you I will.

Ernestovr 04-24-2018 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by eng23ine (Post 4319732)
Your JK with its rear LSD and BLD (brake lock differentials) is a extremely capable machine like it is. I doubt you'd see much gain from adding selectable lockers unless you're doing some pretty extreme rock crawling.

Thank you I have learn so much in just a few weeks, I really appreciate it. So I know I have Track Lock and LSD but I did not now it also had BLD, I saw that in the video but sense i did't see BLD in the docs, I was not sure if it had it.

VR
Ernesto

Ernestovr 04-24-2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by rob_engineer (Post 4319734)
My 2012 jku has open diff. I don't do anything hardcore, but I think the BLD is perfectly adequate for my needs.

So BLD is on all the JK's, very cool.