Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

sand dune use

Old 04-16-2007, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sand dune use

Hi guys...

well, first post newbie here. I'm on the verge of buying a JK to replace my now ageing YJ.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a good decision.

I use my Yj (and will be using the JK) as a daily drive of aroud 50km and a weekly 300km drive (which my YJ is currently killing me with) and then in the desert at the weekend in dubai. Most weekend until its too hot.

The YJ is fantastic in the desert and I dont want the JK to be a let down.

So has anyone done any pretty advanced desert driving. steep inclines, soft sand, side sloping etc. ... how did the JK fair up?

this kind of thing?

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...eihan.bmp.html

if it works.

thanks

Karl

Last edited by kjames; 04-16-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

I haven't been to the dunes here in Michigan yet with my JK, but please post some pictures from Dubai when you get them with your JK!!! Love to see them!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Ok will do.

They're pretty popular out here, but i've yet to see any in the dunes. Loads of the guys I go 4x4ing with are into Jeeps and everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to make the leap and buy one first.....plus the price hike takes them into the same league as some pretty capable machines.

i tihnk they look very cool, striaght out of the box, and just hope they perform.

thanks

Karl
Old 04-16-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

I'd be interested in seeing how stock tires do in the sand unless you plan on swapping them out. What tire comes stock on the Jeep there in Dubai?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Im really not too sure. They reasonably agressive looking AT tyres with quite a wide profile. Certainly a vast improvement on the stock tyres that came on TJ until recently.

They look like they should deflate quite well, with good floatation.

k
Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

WOW, that pic of the Jeep in the dunes looks like alot of fun. The only sand we have around here is in a box in the back yard. Make sure to take alot of pics of the JK out there when/if you get one.

Quick Reply: sand dune use