JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   seat belt slapping in the wind... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/seat-belt-slapping-wind-232341/)

43jeeper 05-17-2012 05:24 AM

seat belt slapping in the wind...

Im sure this is common - with hard top off, my seat belts slap constantly in the wind. Even with doors on. Anyone come up with a plastic clip fix or something to keep them stable? I can move my arm into that space it stop it sometimes but dont want to do that constantly. Plus, I got a 6spd on my 2012 Sport, and I need both arms free to drive.

jkirkpatrick 05-17-2012 05:40 AM

Velcro straps around the belt and the pillar bar. Works, cheap, stealth, and quick!

BLK08JK 05-17-2012 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 43jeeper (Post 3019257)
Im sure this is common - with hard top off, my seat belts slap constantly in the wind. Even with doors on. Anyone come up with a plastic clip fix or something to keep them stable? I can move my arm into that space it stop it sometimes but dont want to do that constantly. Plus, I got a 6spd on my 2012 Sport, and I need both arms free to drive.

velcro wrapped around the part of the belt thats vertical on the roll bar... unless you mean the part of the belt that's against your body, in that case you'd need one of those shoulder strap things.

Attachment 317950

43jeeper 05-17-2012 05:52 AM

Thats right - the slapping belt is the part that is next to the B pillar or roll bar. That looks like it might work...

4merWRX 05-17-2012 08:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is funny because I JUST wrote a post about this. I found something called Gear Tie at Target for about $8 that I really like. It is basically a mold-able rubber tie that you can use for anything. See the pics below!

cabbagedog 05-17-2012 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use those woolly looking seat belt cushions made to soften the belt for people who wear them, only I put it on the strap near the pillar. Works perfect for me.

Here's a picture:

Attachment 318033

sfletcher 05-17-2012 04:32 PM

I use the wooly cushions too. I fastened them on the bottom of the belt where the belt enters the retractor.

Rooster76 05-17-2012 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagedog (Post 3019623)
I use those woolly looking seat belt cushions made to soften the belt for people who wear them, only I put it on the strap near the pillar. Works perfect for me.

Here's a picture:

Attachment 318033

I put a small bungee cord around the seat belt on the B-pillar as low as it will go. It does cut down the flapping, but it still flaps on the lower part. You can also tuck the belt into the seat release lever on the passenger side if your going solo.

I think seat belt cushions are the answer. I have bought a pair of these and returned them before because when you get out the seat belt doesn't r retract very well at all. You want some of these that you can put on and are loose around the seat belt, so that they will slide easy. A good sized rag and a couple clamps would probably do the trick.

@cabbagedog Where did you get those?

cabbagedog 05-17-2012 06:28 PM

Wally world, $6.

lari88 05-17-2012 07:05 PM

Not sure how it is in the '12 but in my '09 I just took the plastic trim that runs from the bottom of the pillar to about half way up off and ran the belt inside it. Not the portion that you actually buckle but the back part.