Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat Cover Recommendations for my 2010 JKU

Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Cover Recommendations for my 2010 JKU

After 150,000 miles... A whole has developed. As much as I would love to have the seat recovered or just swap out seat....
I'm thinking a good quality set of seat covers.

Any suggestions.
East of install?
Fitment?
Fade Resistance?
Would love to see pics
Old 10-12-2017, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had the Trek Armor seat covers in my JK for around 4 years now, and I still love them! There has been no fade, rips, or stretching whatsoever. The install took about an hour and a half. The front seats require a little more hands on to get situated and tied down. However, not once have they ever shifted around under my butt. Even with getting in and out, they stay put and look like the factory seat. The back of the seats have webbing to attach ballistic bags to, and there are also zippered pockets in the back of the seats, as well as a small zippered hidden pocket directly beneath the back of your knees. I have gotten caught in a couple of drizzles, and the water beads right off. I carry my dog with me a lot of places, and the hair doesn't stick to them. I've even had bird shit that just scrapes right off and leaves no stain! They have my vote!! They have rebranded their name to Bartact. Check them out! They can customize to a large array of colors with the same or different colored seat inserts. You may even be able to choose the color of your stitching. Hope this helps!

Here's a pic of my bully with my seat covers! Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7727.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	675492
Old 10-13-2017, 12:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I recommend against any kind of neoprene seat covers. Had two sets of Wet Okole and was really disappointed with the durability. They also are uncomfortable in hot weather.

BTW: You haven't told us where you live, and you haven't filled out your profile info on your JK. Both of those I looked at because it's relevant to how I'd answer your question. For example, if you live in San Diego, I might think you'd like the Wet Okoles since the weather is mild and the beach beckons. And if you've populated your Jeep with cheap aftermarket goodies, then I would definitely not recommend the seat covers I settled on, because they are the most durable, most comfortable, and best looking on the market, but rarely mentioned because of cost.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I recommend against any kind of neoprene seat covers. Had two sets of Wet Okole and was really disappointed with the durability. They also are uncomfortable in hot weather.

BTW: You haven't told us where you live, and you haven't filled out your profile info on your JK. Both of those I looked at because it's relevant to how I'd answer your question. For example, if you live in San Diego, I might think you'd like the Wet Okoles since the weather is mild and the beach beckons. And if you've populated your Jeep with cheap aftermarket goodies, then I would definitely not recommend the seat covers I settled on, because they are the most durable, most comfortable, and best looking on the market, but rarely mentioned because of cost.

Thought I filled that out previously...
Go Figure
Old 10-13-2017, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I like my Marathon seat covers. Very durable. I've had them on 6 years now. The pictures are from the original install. The color on the seating surfaces is lighter now than at first, but that is mostly wear from getting in and out for 6 years. Any seat cover that holds up well for 6 years is good in my opinion. I've also had them in my F-150 for 6 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1209a.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	675493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206a.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	675494

Last edited by bbolander; 10-14-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bbolander
I like my Marathon seat covers. Very durable. I've had them on 6 years now. The pictures are from the original install. The color on the seating surfaces is lighter now than at first, but that is mostly wear from getting in and out for 6 years. Any seat cover that holds up well for 6 years is good in my opinion. I've also had them in my F-150 for 6 years.

Attachment 675493Attachment 675494
X2 for Marathon covers. I’ve also had mine right at 6 years. They will make them in just about any color or pattern you want. I have a 2 tone Max-4 camo on the seat, back, and head rests; and black down the sides and the back of the seats. Only thing I’ll do different is not get the map pockets on my next set (if I need another set, they still look about as good as they did the day I put them on). The pockets aren’t made with elastic and hang open more than I like with kids in the back kicking their feet around. They’ve seen a lot of abuse with me getting in and out with wet waders during duck season each year and have been exposed to a good bit of top/doors off sunlight. Best part is they’re not neoprene so they don’t hold water but are waterproof.

-Brad
Old 10-15-2017, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been running these for four years. Very comfortable when hot or cold, natural cotton so it breathes. Very well fitting too.

Carhartt Seat Covers
Old 10-15-2017, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

What about with side airbags? Anyone see any covers for the front seats that work with them?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
What about with side airbags? Anyone see any covers for the front seats that work with them?
Bartact

The video on this page shows an install of the side airbag version.
https://www.bartact.com/collections/...-bag-compliant

Nice covers, with the molle and pouches and zipper pockets. Jsukey gave a nice review of them up in post 2
Old 10-16-2017, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Bartact

The video on this page shows an install of the side airbag version.
https://www.bartact.com/collections/...-bag-compliant

Nice covers, with the molle and pouches and zipper pockets. Jsukey gave a nice review of them up in post 2
Those look great! I wonder how they do with stain resistance and fade resistance?

Quick Reply: Seat Cover Recommendations for my 2010 JKU