JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Seat covers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/seat-covers-291418/)

gmatir1-Rubicon2011 11-30-2013 12:15 PM

Seat covers

I am looking to put some seat covers on my 2012 JKU Rubi. I have leather seats and want to put covers on for duck season. Damn marsh mud will stain everything including your hands. Anybody have input on the Neoprene vs. the Coverking Ballistic Nylon set covers. Thanks.

espi 11-30-2013 01:41 PM

Trek Armor

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

robsjeep9 11-30-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by espi (Post 3769841)
Trek Armor

x2 :) :) :)

BucYouUp68 11-30-2013 01:55 PM

X3:beer::beer::beer:

Delux2769 11-30-2013 02:11 PM

I have been wondering the same. I think I am going for the Ballistic since they are only $10 more, but I gotta wait till Christmas.

I got a buddy with the ballistics and he loves them. A friend puked wine all over his rear seat, and he washed them a few days later and they turned out looking like new after not being washed in months.

The Trek Armors are the best, but they are also the most expensive. No way in hell I could afford them, plus they aren't in what you were asking advice on, so they shouldn't have posted.

robsjeep9 11-30-2013 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Delux2769 (Post 3769866)
I have been wondering the same. I think I am going for the Ballistic since they are only $10 more, but I gotta wait till Christmas.

I got a buddy with the ballistics and he loves them. A friend puked wine all over his rear seat, and he washed them a few days later and they turned out looking like new after not being washed in months.

The Trek Armors are the best, but they are also the most expensive. No way in hell I could afford them, plus they aren't in what you were asking advice on, so they shouldn't have posted.

We shouldn't have posted???? Really????? There's a chance he's never heard of them or thought about them..... So we suggested a great seat cover DUH!!

Delux2769 11-30-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by robsjeep9 (Post 3769901)

We shouldn't have posted???? Really????? There's a chance he's never heard of them or thought about them..... So we suggested a great seat cover DUH!!

He asked for input, not "recommend me" some other brand. Then the others just followed with X2 and X3... Completely useless for what the OP was inquiring for.

jeeperjkjeeper 11-30-2013 03:05 PM

I cannot say enough about the durability and fit if my Marathon Superhides. I simply powerwash them right on the Jeep and the seats are bone dry underneath. I also just had a set of custom Trek Armors made for my wife's new Jeep and the guys that have them in my club absolutely love them as well. Stay away from neoprene IMO

espi 11-30-2013 03:09 PM

I am sorry for suggesting something more superior. They may be more expensive, but they are also better made and if the question is neoprene or ballistic I would deff go ballistic. It is more breathable, doesn't fade, water resistant, and a help of a lot more durable.

karls 11-30-2013 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper (Post 3769906)
I cannot say enough about the durability and fit if my Marathon Superhides. I simply powerwash them right on the Jeep and the seats are bone dry underneath. I also just had a set of custom Trek Armors made for my wife's new Jeep and the guys that have them in my club absolutely love them as well. Stay away from neoprene IMO

I'm with this guy- Marathon's are bulletproof and the neoprene's I've had in the past are crap that wear through quickly. I've bought 3 sets of the Marathon's through the years.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk