Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat Height Adjuster (Broken?)

Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just broke mine, took it to the dealer, they ordered all the parts and will perform the repair under warranty. They say it will be a 4-5 hour job.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good god a 4 to 5 hour job... Did they hire Stuart from SNL??
well, good to know they have an upgraded part... I will take Jeep in this week.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Just broke mine, took it to the dealer, they ordered all the parts and will perform the repair under warranty. They say it will be a 4-5 hour job.
I took mine apart yesterday. It is an 07 and has the metal center portion molded into the plastic carrier, the issue is the type of plastic they used for the interface.

I am going to use a longer bolt and a spiked washer to "bite" into the plastic surrounding the current metal insert. this is a quick fix and once I have it where I want it, I shouldnt need to adjust it...ever. I cant even remember how it broke in the first place since I think I may have used it twice.

If the billet ones come down from nearly $200 and Jeep dealerships realize that this is actually a 20 minute job (and thats being generous) I may eventually replace it. Until then Hillman and a little backwoods ingenuity will be sufficient for this Jeeper.

Happy is where the road is no longer paved...

Python
Old 07-14-2018, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Seat Adjuster Broken

I have a 2007 Sahara, with Yes Essentials seats. My adjuster handle moves, feels like it's engaged, but does not move the seat. I've taken it off, and the plastic components inside the handle do not appear stripped. I don't see any replacement parts for the component that is a part of the actual seat. I also can not find information on how this adjustment happens.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

My '08 pumps up fine, then in a few days it is back down where it was. Great idea, lame execution.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Mine isn't working either, dealer wanted almost $400 to replace it! MIne's 08 4door jk unlimited. If you learn anything, let me know. Can't find any info on where to find the part & do it yourself
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

I imagine the company goes absolute rock-bottom low bid for parts/assemblies, etc.

Quick Reply: Seat Height Adjuster (Broken?)