Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat Recline Not Working

Old 06-14-2019, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Seat Recline Not Working

Hey guys,

I just installed heated seats in my '18 JK and since then, I no longer have the ability to adjust the recline on the seat! I can't figure out what I am missing!

Do I have to pre-tension the radial spring?

Is there supposed to be a cable on both sides of the seat? (there is a cable on both sides of the passenger seat, but I only have one on the exterior side of the driver's side seat)

Can someone maybe pull the cover flap up and take a picture of the driver's seat recline mechanism?

Thank you in advance for the help guys!
Old 06-15-2019, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This might be a stupid question - but did you change the wiring of your seats with this install?
I thought most heated seat kits just required the covers to be pulled up then install the kit and re-cover.
Not sure how you ran power/ground/switch, pictures might help other members determine.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
This might be a stupid question - but did you change the wiring of your seats with this install?
I thought most heated seat kits just required the covers to be pulled up then install the kit and re-cover.
Not sure how you ran power/ground/switch, pictures might help other members determine.

That was all that was required. I decided it would be easier to take the seat back off to make things more accessible. I tapped into the accessory power on the dash for power.

After learning my lesson on the driver's side, I just left the passeanger seat alone and only pulled back the cover without removing the seat.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Switches are mounted next to the window controls

Quick Reply: Seat Recline Not Working