Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sevice problem help

Old 07-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

The battery connections use a bit that is tapered to cinch the connection down to the post. People make the mistake of putting accessory wires under that nut. That keeps the connection from getting tight or staying tight.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did have my winch neg cable under that nut, I moved it and retightened the cable it's been 5 days so far with no problems got my fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I still think it could be a faulty battery. If our jeeps brain doesn't get the expected voltage all the time, strange things can happen. My dash lights, and speedo were doing a happy dance the day my battery died a sudden death. New battery installed instantly fixed my problem. Others on here have experienced similar things.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem...ended up replacing the battery and problem was fixed.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoBig
I had the same problem...ended up replacing the battery and problem was fixed.
If this doesn't do it that will be my next attempt THANKS
Old 08-07-2016, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rscroggi
I have a 2014 JKU Sahara and recently I will driving alone and the seat belt chime will go off (seat belt is connected) the idiot lights flash on for a second the speedometer needle will drop about 20 mph and pop back to where it was if the cruise control was on it pops off then everything is back to normal. This may not happen for 10-15 miles then 2-3 times in a mile or so. One time the engine light stayed on one time the battery light stayed on. Once I stopped and it would not start I opened the door to get out and tried it again and it started. Took it to my dealer they said it just needed a software update, I picked it up and got about 3 miles away and same thing happened. They have had it 3 days now anyone have an idea I'd appreciate any help.
In my 2009 was doing crazy things and all my connections were tight in the engine compartment but there are some ground connections underneath the dash if you look where the door is and look up towards the dash you will see grounding studs make sure there's no corrosion and if they are tight there is two one on either side.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An extra 4gauge ground wire from the negative battery terminal to the alternator bracket bolt may also help. It worked for my starter issue as well.

Quick Reply: Sevice problem help