Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

so I submarined my JK

Old 07-12-2017, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No stones here...glad you've got it mostly squared away, and thanks for posting the pics and the outcome.

I pulled out of the driveway this morning and wondered, "Hey, wonder what happened to the submariner!"
Old 07-14-2017, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would not wait long to change he oil again as the water tha got in there may still have residual water left in. I would add a can of seafoam or other detergent prior to changing the oil.

My my son had asebring with the water pump in the timing cover. The pump leaked water into the oil pan. Added seafoam twice changing the oil after a few hundred miles between the changes. A few months later engine had issue and blew. Tore down the engine nothing but rust and corrosion in various area. Bearings on crank were toast. Good luck

Ed
Old 07-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by darien99
Thanks for the advice, Mark. I have a feeling that the TIPM is a lot of the issue, given the electrical problems I had driving it home. There's almost a certainty that some water made its way inside. I plan on pulling it out and giving it a shot with a can of compressed air (I don't have a compressor at my apartment) to blow out what I can for moisture. Is electrical contact cleaner ok to just spray into the fuse recesses?

I also need to pull the dash and air the connectors for the HVAC, ect. Will use the contact cleaner on those as well if that's your recommendation.
If it is the TIPM you can buy a doorman for about $450 and do the install yourself.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EHarris
If it is the TIPM you can buy a doorman for about $450 and do the install yourself.
A few weeks later and it looks like the replacement gear shift mechanism did the trick. I was confident enough in it that I went ahead and installed a small lift this weekend. Now to get the axles recentered and an alignment!