Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

So I'm annoyed!

Old 04-26-2017, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm annoyed!(plug wire question)

....should I be?
I'm getting surgery on my hand, so theres no way I could do my plugs/wires on the passenger side of my '07 3.8l
Took it in to get that side done. When I came home I decided to have a look, and they routed the wires ON TOP/ACROSS the intake manifold instead of behind the way the factory wires were.
Aside from looking bad, is there a problem with this? I guess beggers cant be choosers, but it just seems lazy.

Last edited by Graftman; 04-26-2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Clarify
Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you bring it to a shop and pay them money ? I wouldn't call that begging and I would bring it back and watch them do it right. As far as hand surgeries, I've had five of them.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

So I called today and said I was concerned about the wire routing and he said there is less heat across the intake manifold than near the exhaust at the backside.
Grrr. I think it will be fine until my hand is better and Ill just do it myself.
The hood is closed so I cant see it but I still think about it!

Last edited by Graftman; 04-27-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have said, " I don't care about your routing and I want it back to factory routing, I'll be right over for you to fix it !"
Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a Factory Service Bulletin that backs up his "less heat" claim ? If it is in fact a better routing, let us know.
Thanks
Old 05-13-2017, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Four Low
Is there a Factory Service Bulletin that backs up his "less heat" claim ? If it is in fact a better routing, let us know.
Thanks
I doubt theres a bulletin, but I think there is less heat than behind the motor near the exhaust. That said, since the plug/wire change my idle has been rough and my radio has interference/static that wasnt there previously. Im not sure if that is an effect of routing or just a bad wire. I used factory plugs (champion double platinum) and AC DELCO wires.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like they were just lazy, and yes I'd be annoyed as hell. They'd fix it after they got an earfull, then once they were done doing it right they'd get another earfull.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Sounds like they were just lazy, and yes I'd be annoyed as hell. They'd fix it after they got an earfull, then once they were done doing it right they'd get another earfull.
Yeah. It sounds like consensus that its just wrong. Now I wonder if they even used dielectric grease and anti-seize.
Protect your hands guys. Not being able to things yourself sucks. :(
Old 05-15-2017, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Always amazing how fragile our bodies are and how little it takes to incapacitate you sometimes.

So you never went back and asked them to route those properly? I think I would have.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

I would have went back myself and had them do it the right way.

On another note (not to take away from your issue) but I so much want to return mine to factory that I would like to know the part numbers of the wire trays and other plastic pieces that go on the wires. I broke a few of them when I did my wires. Anyone know the part numbers?

Quick Reply: So I'm annoyed!