Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

songs being played at 2x speed

Old 08-18-2018, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default songs being played at 2x speed

songs being played at 2x 3x speed when connected to uconnect
Old 08-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Look at the sample rate properties of the songs which are playing faster.

I've experienced songs playing back faster than normal when the sample rate of the song was 48Khz, instead of typical 44.1Khz. It's not 2x or 3x faster, but noticeably faster.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

Sir its nothing to do with the song rate. Each and every song as well as songs buffered on Youtube or internet have the same issue of being played at a very fast speed.
couldnt figure out the cause so posted here.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem years ago with my Dodge Nitro streaming songs on the uConnect bluetooth. Shortly there after I got a newer phone and never had the issue again while using bluetooth. Not sure if that was the issue, but fixed it for me.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

My wife had a similar issue, and it ended up being her apple watch being paired to the iphone at the same time. It didn't happen when paired to headphones, only with uconnect. She unpaired the watch and the problem stopped. Not sure if this is your issue, but it might help.
Old 11-24-2023, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Songs too fast

Originally Posted by nikhilbhandari711
Sir its nothing to do with the song rate. Each and every song as well as songs buffered on Youtube or internet have the same issue of being played at a very fast speed.
HI, I have a Chrysler 300 a 2014 and it just started happening within the last month it doesn't intermittently I find that if I turn the car off let everything die down and restart the car the music starts at a normal rate and continues at a normal rate for up to a day at a time I have no idea why this is that's why I'm here as well
Old 11-24-2023, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nikhilbhandari711
You are right I j have a 2014 Chrysler 300 and it just started happening within the last month to me it happens on all music platforms not just one or two every single platform that I've tried it does the same thing I have found that if you turn the car off let everything die down restart the car the music will play at a normal rate for up to a day or two but then as soon as you try it again it starts speeding up I've even experienced it speeding up and I left it sped up and eventually it goes back to a normal rate but it's an annoying as hell does anybody else here know anything about this Chrysler doesn't even know about this Jeep doesn't even know about this I don't get it

Quick Reply: songs being played at 2x speed