Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Still can't shake CE light, bank 2 sensor 1

Old 12-02-2017, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Still can't shake CE light, bank 2 sensor 1

Ok I have another thread here that's getting pretty long - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...0/#post4305877, so I thought I'd just cut to the chase

After replacing my clutch I drove around locally and everything seemed OK. Then three days later I hopped the highway for a 3 hour ride, I made it abot 45 minutes, the truck kept getting louder and the light started flashing and pinging, no power, by the time I got off the highway it would barely run, I limped to a garage. I checked the exhaust bolts, put in a O2 sensor, no luck, ended up getting flat bedded home.

I kept getting "Random Missfire" codes, but nothing specific

I replaced the cats, went round the block, seemed good, hit the highway and the light starts flashing, down on power...

The gumball scanner at Autozone said it could be the EGR, so I replaced it, that was fun, read a bunch of forums and replaced the CPS, No luck

Went to my buddies, he has like a thirteen thousand dollar scanner, we replaced the O2, cleared the codes, drove for 15 minutes or so, no light, I dropped him off, shut the truck and restarted it, before I was out of the driveway light comes back on

THen I ran into an old friend, 25 years mechanic at FedX, told him what was happening, he told me to drop the muffler. Crazy as it first sounded, it worked, I've been driving all over for the past three weeks, runs like a champ, just a little loud.

BUT, I still have the CE light, comes up bank two sensor one.

I cut the pipe up and the two cats on the left side were fine, on the right side cat one was empty, cat two had some crap in it but it was basically see through

I've hit this with so many scanners, real scanners, I went back to my buddies and we're seeing high voltage to the bank 2 sensor 1. I replaced the O2, drove it about 15 minutes after clearing the code, light came back on.

Changed the O2 AGAIN today, 3rd one now, pulled battery, no light for 18 miles, then it's back on again, SO I'm geeting a code for the sensor, but replacing it three time, I can't believe I've gotten two bad sensors in a row??

I'm at a real loss, the next thing I'm going to try are the injectors, if that doesn't work I'm at the end of my line. Problem is in CT they'll pull my registration if I can't pass emissions, I'm on a sixty day extension, 4 weeks left to fix it...

Somewhere along the line something came up about cylinder 4, which is on the opposite side as the F'd up cats, I replaced the wire and all pugs as well

Any ideas??

Quick Reply: Still can't shake CE light, bank 2 sensor 1