Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Rubicon Rubbing

Old 07-13-2018, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Stock Rubicon Rubbing

So was messing around in some local dirt yesterday, playing with maxing out the articulation, and I noticed that with the sway bar disconnected I'm getting some rubbing on the front inner fender liners at full flex. It's not much, just barely brushing really, and not an actual concern, but I do have aftermarket flares and inners on the front end that I'm pretty sure provide better clearance than stock. I'm just wondering if anyone else with a stock Rubicon gets a little tire contact on the front end with the sway bar disconnected, or if I need to take a hammer to my inners for some extra room?
Old 07-13-2018, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I can't recall what inner liners you put on, but I think most aftermarket inners will have a tiny bit less clearance than the factory plastic liners.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

That's ok, I have no idea what they are either... I got them as a straight swap for my stock fenders and liners, and they're at least a cosmetic improvement. They are metal though, so I think I can bend a little more clearance out of them. Thanks, good to know!

Quick Reply: Stock Rubicon Rubbing