Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Shocks Replacement Recommendation

Old 09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Shocks Replacement Recommendation

I have an '07 Rubicon Unlimited and drive it mostly on highway but do moderate off-roading once or twice a year (Superlift in AR and Holy Cross City, Wheeler Lake in CO). I have kept it stock to be more passenger friendly for my wife, mother-in-law and other family members, and I have been very pleased with its off-road performance as is.

I am replacing my original tires with take-offs from a new vehicle, and I want to replace the shocks with an upgrade. I have had unusual wear problems on the original tires (severe cupping), and I want a shock that will keep the tire on the road without sacrificiing ride quality. Can someone recommend a good shock that will be good both for highway and moderate off-road use?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had OME Nitrochargers on the Jeep for about 15,000 miles. They ride nice and they look great under it.

Quick Reply: Stock Shocks Replacement Recommendation