Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stoopid little door pocket net things.....

Old 09-24-2014, 07:20 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonzzo, all I have is time.. and today, especially.. the ole back has take a turn for the worse.. Anyway.. and even though I suggested the "patch" this might get in the way and would stick out. it's part of the "gear" stuff from Smitty.. and it a panel or cover that goes over this part.. and have velcro on it to use with other gear bags..

I'll post a pic of a bracelet Red did for me.. it was to nice to wear and me being clumsy.. I'd surely mess it up.. one moment.. searching..

In this case, she uses the rope to try new patterns from a sailor knot book.. then after testing these designs or learning how to do them.. she would incorp them in her wire wrap projects.. i'm not saying this would be the best alternative.. and the paracord would give more so than this rope.. One would need to at least make it so the top or retainer cord is a bungee..

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 09-24-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another reason why 07-10 JK's are better than 11-15 JK's
Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Redbird:

I'm honored that you would offer to help me out on this but I feel I should gracefully decline.

You see, I know me and, I know that if it is not a bolt on option, I will most likely put it on the shelve somewhere and never have time to figure it out.

I would hate to buy this from you and never put it to proper use!.

I think I might try the smittybilt panels and see how those work.

I had already planed to buy the g.e.a.r. overhead console so this makes even more sense.

Thanks for your offer though, I do appreciate it! .

Thanks for your time!.....
Old 09-25-2014, 09:45 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well, just so we are on the same page:

G.E.A.R. Door Panels - Smittybilt

and thank you for at least telling time that you've deiced otherwise.. cause I'd hate to have the wife take all this time to create a new pocket when you didn't need it.. Most would simply leave me hanging..
Old 09-26-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Redbird:

Yes sir, those are the ones.

Thanks for your offer and all the help, it has all been appreciated! .

Thanks for your time!.....
Old 02-28-2017, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

They sell replacements...

Part #1UV04DX9AA
Part #1UV03DX9AA

Those are for the fronts 2 or 4 door...they also sell the rears if needed but I never looked up the part numbers. I'm about to replace mine as I guess something i had in them caused some of the netting to tear. But would be nice to be able to swap out just the netting for different colors. Seems like something someone could do, I know a special edition is coming out with red netting so might have some part numbers for that soon at the dealer...
Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DcDouglass84
They sell replacements...

Part #1UV04DX9AA
Part #1UV03DX9AA

Those are for the fronts 2 or 4 door...they also sell the rears if needed but I never looked up the part numbers. I'm about to replace mine as I guess something i had in them caused some of the netting to tear. But would be nice to be able to swap out just the netting for different colors. Seems like something someone could do, I know a special edition is coming out with red netting so might have some part numbers for that soon at the dealer...
Here's some more info:

1UV04DX9AA - DOOR TRIM PANEL POCKET. MAP POCKET. $46.40

Front Right, Center Right; black ; FULL DOOR 2011-16

1UV01VT9AA - DOOR TRIM PANEL POCKET. MAP POCKET. $44.54

Rear Right, Center Right; black ; FULL DOOR 2011-16

1UV03DX9AA - DOOR TRIM PANEL POCKET. MAP POCKET. $46.23

Front Left, Center Right; black ; FULL DOOR 2011-16

1UV01VT9AA - DOOR TRIM PANEL POCKET. MAP POCKET. $44.54

Rear Left, Center Right; black ; FULL DOOR 2011-16

I didn't like the prices so I cheaped it out and fished a Ty-Wrap thru the netting and gathered it all up and it seems to be a decent fix for now. I'll futz with it and make it pretty later but for now it fixes the sagging issue.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Those pockets are so worthless, and they irritate me to no end. I can just never see myself paying $170 or whatnot to replace all of mine that seemed to get stretched out by wind, sun, or a piece of paper....idk

One of these days I think I'll just cut them off completely.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
Those pockets are so worthless, and they irritate me to no end. I can just never see myself paying $170 or whatnot to replace all of mine that seemed to get stretched out by wind, sun, or a piece of paper....idk One of these days I think I'll just cut them off completely.
This for sure!!!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Another reason why 07-10 JK's are better than 11-15 JK's
This.

You guys can have your 3.6L Pentastar motors in your 2012+ JKs. We got plastic side pockets that don't dry rot.

And we also have a place in front of our trans shift lever to set our phones down at and to use for my wireless phone charger mod.

Quick Reply: Stoopid little door pocket net things.....