Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Storage

Old 09-21-2017, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage

Ive searched a few times, snd may not have properly worded the search, but need some info for pulling my ride out of storage for the first time in nine months.

My jeep has been parked while I spent some time on the other side of the world. Im expecting my battery to be dead after not cranking for nearly 10 months by the time I get home. However, Im not sure what to expect once I jump it.

Im thinking about filling it with premium, and then doing a seafoam treatment to the vacuum line, oil, and gas tank. Would love to hear some thoughts on the best way to go.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shack87
it with premium, and then doing a seafoam treatment to the vacuum line, oil, and gas tank. Would love to hear some thoughts on the best way to go.

I don't think premium gas will do any good. If you left it with gas in it for a long time (>6 months?) then I think I'd actually drain the gas and just put in new gas. Some seafoam in the gas is not a bad idea. I'd change the oil & filter.

The rest of it? Don't worry about it. Just run it. Actually I prefer B12 Chemtool over Seafoam but whatever floats your boat (pun intended).
Old 09-21-2017, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

My sons tj sat in my driveway while he spent 9 months in Afghan. I had it on a battery maintainer, so that wasn't an issue. My advice is to put some gas treatment in, drive for a bit to get all the fluids distributed, then i would change the oil and filter. If yo live in a cold climate and your battery went dead, there is a chance that a freeze ruined it. Batteries can freeze and cause internal damage if they are not charged.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fill the tank put in some fuel treatment and drive it ! You'll be fine

Quick Reply: Storage