Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Strange noise from my manual transmission

Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 6 speed too with 4:10's. Love the manual tranny, not very fond of the clutch. It seems overly sensitive and grabs (hard to shift smoothly). I hadn't heard about the throwout bearing. What should I be looking/listening for?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a 12 unlimited rubicon and 6-speed. No such noises. The thing is silent when depressing the clutch in any gear and at a stop. I'll listen closer to it this morning as I go to work.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 07 with 65K on it and have a bad throwout bearing. Its been making noise for a year now but just started getting real loud. My buddy had his replaced at 20K.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2012 sport and mine does that too as well as pop when I push in the clutch and have a knock spud when idling. The dealer have me the run around for weeks until I went through corporate it turned out to be the throw out bearing and the clutch fork. They replaced my clutch and fork and said its because of offload use I mean it's a 4x4 jeep what else you want me to do sit pretty with it and mine had less than 10k miles

Quick Reply: Strange noise from my manual transmission