Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Symptoms of a clutch master cylinder failing?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, the bleeder is shut all the way, just seemed strange to me that that would be moving around. The clutch noise, can't tell you how long but it's always made noise I believe. It will not go into gear, and if you put it in gear and try to start it it jumps, when I'm, pushing down on the pedal it's not disengaging.

What I said in one of my earlier posts was is it possible the pressure plate collapsed. I've talked to three mechanics on this and their response was it would be unlikely.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:35 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
At 218K miles I've replaced my clutch/slave/master/etc, breaking open the system at least a half dozen times, and never had any trouble with bleeding (well, except that one time the O-ring fell off and I didn't catch it before installing the new slave). Anyway, you've tried everything else, give the master a go. Do be aware that there is another one of those funky O-rings on the master cylinder.

Hi Mark

How many miles did you get out of your clutch before you had to replace it ?

Lawrence

Quick Reply: Symptoms of a clutch master cylinder failing?