Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tiresss tiress tires

Old 07-20-2017, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running BFG KO2's on two Jeeps and other than bad mud, they are exceptional tires both on and off road and are as silent as the stock tires if not quieter.

I ran the BFG KM2's on a land cruiser and they were a compromise on road, but I had no complaints either. They were really nice off-road but did make a small bit of noise on road.

BFG KO2 - 50% road /50% off-road
KM2 - 30% road / 70% off-road
Old 07-21-2017, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
Nobody has mentioned Falken at3w I've been super happy with mine and extremely impressed in their performance in a mix of terrain both fully aired up and down... And you can't beat the price. I've got about 26k on mine and they are wearing great 285/70/17 rotated every 3-5k
Because he wants an aggressive tread pattern like the Trail Graps/Open Country MT's...
Old 07-23-2017, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Because he wants an aggressive tread pattern like the Trail Graps/Open Country MT's...
He did ask " any other brands..." And the new Wildpeak isn't like the old one. It's closer in style the ridge grappler than the old one which was more of a true AT instead of an AT/MT hybrid
Old 07-24-2017, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx on my DD. First set of these I've owned but i'm happy with the look and the ride. I have about 25k miles on them so far and they seem to be wearing well.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Gents -

I have a '14 JKU, 2.5" AEV, a shiny new Teraflex 30 up front (thanks to bent OEM housing), AEV Wheels (given for weight consideration- 26 lbs), 4.88's and I live in CO. I am a trail/fire road wheeler and have been riding Duratracs (61k miles on them).

Originally VERY happy with them but have stuck my Jeep too many times in the wet Colorado snow where I spend lots of winter weekends. Time for new rubber...

General Grabber X3? Anyone have experience? More aggressive and cheaper...not much heavier...

Stay w Duratracs? Mine were too far gone hence the poor performance?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

I've been running BFG KM2's on mine for about 16k miles. They do make a decent amount of noise but they hold up well in the rain and really well in the mud. They also aren't bad on pirce. I picked up 5 for a little over $1000.

Quick Reply: Tiresss tiress tires