JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   TPMS after Rotating Tires (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/tpms-after-rotating-tires-341024/)

dotnetrob 03-16-2017 01:50 PM

TPMS after Rotating Tires

I am used to TPMS lighting up, especially after airing down for offroading, but today I did a 5 tire rotation on my jeep and the tpms has been light up ever since. TPMS is set at 29 psi with my AEV Pro Cal, and all tire pressure are 29/30 psi. Drove for around 10 miles, but the light is still on and blinks for the first few minutes the jeep is on, then turns solid, never says anything about a particular tire. Usually it resets pretty fast after offroading. Not to worried about it but wondering if there is something special I need to reset to get tpms back to normal.

jchappies 03-16-2017 02:12 PM

Mine usually took 20+ miles to reset

tjkamp 03-16-2017 04:54 PM

Mine do it sometimes after a tire rotation, usually if I get a little to aggressive accelerating (getting on the highway and what not). Sometimes it will take a few days to go away.

Disconnecting the battery (even for a half hour or more) will not make it go away, it just has to work itself out.

zstairlessone 03-16-2017 05:26 PM

Mine have taken a couple of short trips up to 40 miles total to clear, but I rotate in my spare and I think it takes a while to pick it up and forget the non-spinning tire I put as the spare.

dotnetrob 03-20-2017 08:34 PM

Apparently I just wasn't patient enough, after about 30+ miles the light finally went off. Have put 100+ miles on it since and light hasn't come back on.

zstairlessone 03-21-2017 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by dotnetrob (Post 4284397)
Apparently I just wasn't patient enough, after about 30+ miles the light finally went off. Have put 100+ miles on it since and light hasn't come back on.

Excellent, thanks for the update!

bpluzier 03-22-2017 04:42 AM

Yeah, the TPMS can be really touchy. 20-50 miles seem to be the norm.

srino 03-22-2017 11:47 AM

mine flashed, then stayed on. drove like that for months. looked it up in the manual and it said something wrong with the system when the light stays on. but the timing too weird for a battery to have died, etc. weird.

sparky88 03-22-2017 12:44 PM

Mine did the same thing. I put 285/70/17's on with Rubicon Wheels. Belle Tire said they had to reteach them but didn't have the latest tool. I turned the Sensors off with my Fashcal F5. There supposed to call me when they get a new tool in for a 2016.

bbrider 04-04-2017 03:18 PM

Same problem

I had the same problem after putting the spare to the ground. I drove it over 150 miles on the hwy and it never went out. Just for kicks I put the spare back up and remounted the old tire and after 10 miles the light went out. I am thinking the previous owner left the sensor out of the spare when he did the custom wheels and tires.

I have never found anyone that could tell me definitively if the spare came with a sensor when new. I also tried to question the dealer on how the system knew which tires were on the ground and which was the spare since my jeep only has the light and not the info panel that tells the pressure of each tire. I have been told so many things on how the system works that are total BS. One says it is movement, one says that doesn't have anything to do with it and it is the distance the wheel is from the computer.....LOL Honest to God that is what the man said :rotflmao2: