TPMS issue with new tires - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by DV8 Offroad
Click Here

TPMS issue with new tires

Old 06-14-2018, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default TPMS issue with new tires

I replaced my existing wheels and tires with larger aftermarket ones. I had new TPMS sensors installed in all 4 tires but neglected to put one in the spare. Ever since I cant get the light to turn off. I've verified through a shop that all 4 of the installed wheels sensors are working properly. I then pulled the spare and had a sensor installed in it but the light still wont go out. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

What year JK?
What model/frequency sensors?
What is the tire pressure listed on the driver's door post?
What pressure are you running?
Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Not that it matters, but the spare tire pressure isn't monitored. You didn't mention how many miles you've got on the new setup. It usually picks up in a few miles but can take more to "wake" the sensors and start reporting. But the questions above need answers to be helpful.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have about 1000 miles on the tires, like I said the spare tire is stock just on and aftermarket wheel.All other wheels are showing good
Old 06-15-2018, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

You've still not answered the basic questions Ronjenx asked above. These small details matter as the TPMS changed from the earlier years. Take a moment and update your profile with at least some minor details as well....like model year. For example, do you have a newer model that actually displays the separate pressures on the dash? I'm guessing not since you only refer to having a shop test the sensors to confirm.....so we're talking about an older jeep that only displays the low pressure signal right, no additional info like individual tire pressures?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2014 Unlimited Sport, my dash does display the tire pressure readings, all wheels read fine. I just had a mechanic friend program the sensor in the spare so his scanner is showing all 5 reading good now and it shut the light off. Driving home, approx. 3 miles into the ride home the light came back on. On my dash all wheels were still reading good. Called my friend and he said to make sure all the pressures in all wheels including spare were within 3lbs. of each other because that might trigger the light. I set all wheels to within 1 lb. of each other at 35, 35, 35, 36, 36 and still can't get the light to go out. Is there anything I'm overlooking?
Old 06-23-2018, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

I'm at my wits end with this problem, does anyone have any suggestions from here? I can turn the light off with my Superchips tuner but this bypasses the sensors so I can't read them. This defeats the purpose of installing the sensors in the wheels. Here are my specs again

2014 Unlimited Sport
433mhz sensors / Aftermarket
driver's door indicates 35lbs for all tires / I'm running them at 35, 35, 35, 36, 36

I have over a thousand miles on them since installation and my dash display is reading the 4 installed tires reading 35, 35, 35, 36. The spare tire checked with a gauge reads 36.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Double check the low and high tire pressure settings for the TPMS. I think your SuperChips can do this. I had a similar problem on our 2017 and found out that some ham handed set up person had set my low tire monitor to 35 lbs! I reset it to 28 and Bingo, problem gone.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have an older tuner that doesn't have that feature, I can only shut them off in (off road mode). I'm actually using their upgrade program to upgrade to the newer tuner. I know it can adjust them. Waiting for it to come in. I've only had regular maintenance done so dont know why someone would have changed the TPMS parameters
Old 10-18-2018, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same issue - did resetting the low pressure value solve the problem?

Quick Reply: TPMS issue with new tires

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: