Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

holy crap, please help me.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holy crap, please help me.

I'm trying to put my soft top on for the first time, and I'm really confused I watched the video on jeep.com already, but I appear to be missing part of my jeep. After you fold the top up, you are supposed to clip the rain screen thingies into the part over the door... I don't have that, I just have a roll bar and padding.. what the hell? I am so confused right now and the only thing I can think of is that im missing part of my jeep. please advise. thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

There should be plastic pieces, L shaped for the rear and straight for the fronts (on a 4 door). They screw into the roll bar and that is where the top ties into.

Did you get this from the factory or aftermarket? If from the factory there should be a box with all of this in it.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
There should be plastic pieces, L shaped for the rear and straight for the fronts (on a 4 door). They screw into the roll bar and that is where the top ties into.

Did you get this from the factory or aftermarket? If from the factory there should be a box with all of this in it.

ah well that explains it, I got it from the factory, but it was used.. its a 2007 that I bought a few months ago. I guess some guy has the shit I need to install my roof. haha, great, now its almost dark out. well, thanks for the reply, i had a feeling that is what happened. I should probably kick some ass down at the dealership tommorow.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

If the dealer sold it to you with a soft top, you assumed that the top was complete. I would have the dealer give you the other pieces. They should know what the top consists of and probably try to pull a fast one on you. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer of the party, but.....
Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you better get them for free from the dealer, they are about 175 for the parts, on moparpartsamerica.com
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is no fricken way i'm paying for the parts. When I bought the jeep I was aware that it came with dual tops.. and I had done a decent amount of research about them... but how was I to know about all the parts required... At this point I am going to attribute it to lack of knowledge on the dealerships end, and I assume they will hook me up without any complaints... but you will hear about it on here if they give me any crap

On a side note, I found a bud of weed under my carpets while I was trying to find a bolt that I dropped. I also found trace amounts of weed in the glove box while cleaning it out a while ago. As someone who used to smoke weed, but hasn't in years, I'm not super upset about it, but I'm still fairly shocked to have found that much of it, I would hate to ever wind up in a situation where I was blamed for it.

Well, after that massivly unsuccesful endevour I think I need a drink. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Too bad your in canada! You coulda got the dealer for more than just the parts after finding that.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

You wont have to pay for the parts. Just tell the dealer they forgot that part. Mine actually just broke and they ordered me a new one. It only took 2 days! (Amazing for Chrysler!)
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by forumonlooker
Too bad your in canada! You coulda got the dealer for more than just the parts after finding that.
Haha yeah, we are too fussed about that kinda stuff up here.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

curious were the soft windows in a box when you got the jeep? when new the windows came in one box and the brackets/molding came in another.

Quick Reply: holy crap, please help me.