Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Transmission hoses

Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission hoses

I had my 2009 unlimited to the dealer for an oil change n they said that I need new tranny hoses. They are starting to leak. Does anyone know the part number? Also has anyone else had this problem? I have about 42000 on my jeep.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gina's JK
I had my 2009 unlimited to the dealer for an oil change n they said that I need new tranny hoses. They are starting to leak. Does anyone know the part number? Also has anyone else had this problem? I have about 42000 on my jeep.
I think the majority have had some kind of drip/leak from their factory shit crimp fittings. I solved this issue by buying 10 feet of push lock hose and aeroquip connectors/adapters. Then i cut off the factory tranny hose right before each crimp fitting and attached the push lock hose with the adapters. No more tranny hose leak. If you take it to the dealer they will just replace it with the same shit as you already have, an it will leak again. My solution is permenate. Let me know if you need pics or a proper write-up.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ones on my wifes Jeep were leaking where the lines went into the trans, there are some sort of bushings there that hard line push into and lock, I bought new bushings and replaced it myself. 20 bucks or so.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk

I think the majority have had some kind of drip/leak from their factory shit crimp fittings. I solved this issue by buying 10 feet of push lock hose and aeroquip connectors/adapters. Then i cut off the factory tranny hose right before each crimp fitting and attached the push lock hose with the adapters. No more tranny hose leak. If you take it to the dealer they will just replace it with the same shit as you already have, an it will leak again. My solution is permenate. Let me know if you need pics or a proper write-up.
Pics n write up would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you could post or PM pics and a writeup that would be great. I'm on my second set of trans lines and they are starting to leak at the crappy crimp on connectors again.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dsp
The ones on my wifes Jeep were leaking where the lines went into the trans, there are some sort of bushings there that hard line push into and lock, I bought new bushings and replaced it myself. 20 bucks or so.
Thanks for the info.. I will keep that in mind.. Since I am gonna take it off road, I think I want to replace the hose too.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gina's JK

Pics n write up would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!
Times two.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

I am working on the pics an write-up. I have the receipt with the exact parts an part #s i used so you guys can duplicate. Give me a few days im working on taking the pics (its raining here) an the write up. I love my set up! Looking under the Jeep every day an seeing thats its bone dry under there is worth the $75 it cost me.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am working on the pics an write-up. I have the receipt with the exact parts an part #s i used so you guys can duplicate. Give me a few days im working on taking the pics (its raining here) an the write up. I love my set up! Looking under the Jeep every day an seeing thats its bone dry under there is worth the $75 it cost me.
Hey EarlyJk, were you able to do a write up or take any pics?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had mine replaced under warranty........when I had a warranty.

Quick Reply: Transmission hoses