Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Turbo Diesel Q?

Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Diesel Q?

Ok long shot, understood. but anyone have any ideas (good ideas) on if the 2011/2012 wrangler will come with diesel like the UK models? I know if I get a good answer from someone I should have asked for the next lotto #. But ordered my current 2007 unlimited sahara black with heated leather interior, my gig side bags, tow pkg, limited slip etc etc. and by April if I haven't a better idea on diesel, I'll be offering it for sale has 20k miles on it as of now.

My main dislike, and understand it's a jeep.. underpowered . I don't mind being underpowered if I'm getting good MPG, but underpowered and 22MPG ?? it's only my winter beater so I deal with it... for now.

Ok that's my big rant =)
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your getting 22mpg you are damn near the top of the list for best mpg. I average 15mpg mixed. To answer your question, no, its not likley. Though no one outside of Jeep would have a solid answer, it is far more likley we will see the Pentastar V6 (multi-platform compliant). Though there are the hard core few of us that would love a small diesel, over-all they were poor sellers in the last platform they were in.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

I so wish Jeep puts a turbo diesel in a wrangler soon.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

I would rather have a V8 Hemi over the diesel, but they need to give consumers more options.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too would love a small diesel, nice and torquery!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Well

In all honesty.. it's more like 24mpg (CAI-Banks) and I'm all highway miles in NH. That's with the cruise on at 60-65 mph.

I drive slow, but hate when I have to go up a small incline.. or on ramp and it sounds like it's going to die =)

So jeep could add all the wood and leather it wants.. I'm not getting another wrangler until the engine is better V8 or diesel! makes no difference. The 2011 cherokee is nice, but resale I'm sure is a dog. I'll look towards a x3 in the spring. (match my 2011 328i x drive I use in summer)
Old 10-06-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Forget the x3. Go for the x6. I want to get one of those and replace my 02 Sequoia..

Quick Reply: Turbo Diesel Q?