Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

Old 05-21-2018, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mzj95
Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem and tried quite a few things to no avail. Took it to one shop who ran the codes and C2200 also came up but the believe the module itself could not be the issue as the ABS ESP/BAS BRAKE and traction control lights come on after driving over 10 mph. Sadly they’re booked for over a month and have no time to actually work on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It seems like many things can cause these lights to go on. Your symptom is little different than mine. My lights did not go on ALL THE TIME. Maybe 20% of the time. But ABS was kicking in constantly. For me it was a new hub and bearing as well as an alignment. Seems to be ok now. 3 weeks later and no lights. I was not getting the code you are getting either. Sounds like Mr. T has the right idea though.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fixed

I guess the shop was right about it not being the module. Ended up being a lose ground connection on the body. Somehow the bolt came loose causing the poor connection. The guys over at the shop cleaned it, added some medium strength thread locker, and tighten it back up. I’ve put several hundred miles on it and they haven’t came back.
The following 2 users liked this post by mzj95:
Corey Bythebeach (07-24-2018), JK Lion (06-18-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

Originally Posted by mzj95

I guess the shop was right about it not being the module. Ended up being a lose ground connection on the body. Somehow the bolt came loose causing the poor connection. The guys over at the shop cleaned it, added some medium strength thread locker, and tighten it back up. I’ve put several hundred miles on it and they haven’t came back.
I'm going to go look again, but in the meantime, is there anyone that knows where this bolt is?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Corey Bythebeach
I'm going to go look again, but in the meantime, is there anyone that knows where this bolt is?
Looks to me like under the hood, inside fenderwell. From memory there's more than one, check along both sides.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Corey Bythebeach
It's on the passenger side, same side as your battery. It's about mid-way along the side of the engine bay wall.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Clockspring 09 JK

I'm also new to this Jeep world, always been a motocross guy with trucks. Love my new to me JK recently bought a ln 09 Wrangler X 3.8L 6spd. So far in the past three months I've had a few hiccups.
1.) Starter relay l - clicking and intermittently not starting. Simple fix with a voltameter and some cold beers!
2.) Those BS transfer case clips break so easily when offloading. Grab some zip ties and if you dont have em it's easily switched into 4Hi-4lo right under driver side transfer case!
3.) Got deep in a river, then caught by a rain storm in same day with no top. Next day horn would not stop blaring. Disconnected it and let it dry for a day or so. Reconnected it and good as new!
4.) Washed the inside (no carpet all herculined). Within am hour or so lights were stuck on and wipers went bizurk. No signals, dome, high beams... pulled some codes... UO126 AND C121A. Both pointed me towards the clockspring. Called the dealer recall out on that and the passenger airbag so getting it replaced on Friday. For a small bandaid I tried resetting the ECM by disconnecting the battery and connecting the terminals for 30 seconds. Rooted once they connected back, put the key on accessory and turned lights on and off. Then cut the key back to off. All the signals and everything worked until I started it back up. The bandaid I'm trying g is leaving it running for a bit with the heat on to try to dry it out. Food for thought for you guys!
Also have a set of 275/70r/18 Falken AT3 going on with 1.5 spidertrax tomorrow 😁
Old 09-27-2018, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Hello all. New to the forum, but not to the jeep nightmares.

I currently have a 2008 JKU that I replaced all ABS sensors on. I am still getting the C1210 code. Purchased a used (tested OKAY) G Sensor from FLeaBay. Installed and still same code.

Did the "90 degree turn stuff" and code still there.

Just got it back from Jeep steelership $250 later and tech said he couldn;t connect to the G Sensor and that there was a wiring issue ... he wanted to know if I wanted to pay $139.99/hour for him to troubleshoot! F' no I said.

So now I have to look into the wiring of this thing.

Anyone else have a similar concern and can point me in a direction???

Thanks

Rick
Newfoundland

P.S. I need the codes removed from dash so I can get it inspected. Just bought the damn thing....
Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update

Checked continuity with the 4 wires from G sensor to ABS connector. Found wiring diagram online.
Everything checks fine. I am at a frustrating loss. Going to check some grounds tomorrow.....
Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Opening this back up... my son's '07 had this problem and a local shop read the code for a bad ABS control module. We switched Jeeps for a few weeks while he saved enough money to get this done and while cheeking the oil I noticed that he had a slipped top radiator hose which was sending an antifreeze mist all over the engine bay.

Being THE DAD, I decided to degrease the mess and during the cleanup hit the inside of both front wheels with the cleaner. By the next day the Jeep dried out - no more codes. Tested the ABS with a couple of short stops and all good.

Another "Jeep thing" I guess.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Great timing for that response!

Thanks @RepressedSince15 ! , My buddy, @EHarris had the same codes thrown on his '07 last week. He plugged in a code reader and he also received "ABS control module". I will make sure he sees your post and tries your fix instead of relying on the stealership to fix.

Originally Posted by RepressedSince15
Opening this back up... my son's '07 had this problem and a local shop read the code for a bad ABS control module. We switched Jeeps for a few weeks while he saved enough money to get this done and while cheeking the oil I noticed that he had a slipped top radiator hose which was sending an antifreeze mist all over the engine bay.

Being THE DAD, I decided to degrease the mess and during the cleanup hit the inside of both front wheels with the cleaner. By the next day the Jeep dried out - no more codes. Tested the ABS with a couple of short stops and all good.

Another "Jeep thing" I guess.

Quick Reply: Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)