JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Wet Okole Seat Covers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/wet-okole-seat-covers-303243/)

rubi6speed 10-21-2014 03:06 PM

Have had these covers for 2 years now and the piping in the rear seats are deteriorating. No one has ever sat in the rear! Very disappointing. Save your money, buy something else!

idioteque 10-21-2014 06:03 PM

I liked my Wet Okole

I had them for 2 years in my Tacoma before I got rid of it... and there was no sign of wear/issues. I did have to contact them for something when I first got them (and I cannot recall what for now) but they were super nice.

Johnny HotFoot 02-28-2015 09:53 AM

well, I am a boater, looking to get a set of neoprene covers (yes I know they are hot- so is my factory leather that's starting to rip and tear and look like shit) I'm being advised to get coverking or the other less expensive route but I'd gladly pay the money for wet okole IF I get a better cover... are they worth the extra money? if so in what ways? thanks

karmynsbeep 02-28-2015 10:10 AM

I had them in my Tacoma and loved them! Wouldn't recommend ordering them with piping

Johnny HotFoot 03-01-2015 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep (Post 4062335)
I had them in my Tacoma and loved them! Wouldn't recommend ordering them with piping

Thanks, but why? I like how it looks, but if there's a decent reason to skip it I would.

karmynsbeep 03-02-2015 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot (Post 4063138)
Thanks, but why? I like how it looks, but if there's a decent reason to skip it I would.

The reviews I read before purchasing mine said the piping would wear fast and could pull loose from sliding in and out

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Knightpredator 03-02-2015 05:05 AM

I agree if you can skip the piping do it. I have had mine going on 3 years. They are awesome except the piping is worn and looks really bad. The rest of the seats are great. Also they are correct about dog hair..pain to get off. But they have def saved my stock seats as i like to take my dogs swimming.

Johnny HotFoot 03-07-2015 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep (Post 4063245)
The reviews I read before purchasing mine said the piping would wear fast and could pull loose from sliding in and out Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Thanks. I have read similar reviews (maybe the same?) so the cool looks get trumped by performance. The only question then is wet okoke vs cover king /smitty built/rugged ridge???

ACJK22 03-07-2015 02:39 PM

Really glad to have stumbled upon this thread. I wanted to do some more customization on the inside and was considering ordering these. Does anyone recommend another brand? I have a dog who is always in my rig and his hair weaves into the fabric of my seats.

Tripletsi 03-07-2015 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Trek Armor. Period.

Throw any other idea you have out the window.

My wet Wet Okole covers broke down after one year due to my dog always riding shotgun in my pickup. Trying to vacuum the dog hair was next to impossible, never mind how much they made your back sweat and a heavy case of swamp a$$ in the summer.

My Trek Armor covers were custom stitched to match my saddle interior. Tough as nails fabric, precision fit, super easy to clean, easy to install. Highly recommend them to anyone. When you hear the saying "you get what you pay for", they're talking about these exact covers.

Attachment 600202

(fabric wrinkles will disappear)