Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

what brakes to get for my trailer

Old 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what brakes to get for my trailer

guys- I have a 2012 sport with a 12 foot aluminum trailer and want to get brakes for it-what make brakes for the trailer should I get- thks
Old 11-17-2016, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I pull 14 foot utility trailer with 2 quads and an 22 foot pontoon boat a lot in the summer months, braking was always an issue when towing with my 33 in tires. Recently I just upgrade my jeeps brakes to powerstop slotted and drill rotors and the performance ceramic carbon brake pads and all I can say is wow night and day. When I started looking for a better setup I considered ebc oversized rotors and green stuff kit but $1300 Canadian price tag leaned me to powerstop . Purchased them on rockauto just over $400 Canadian delivered to my front door in 4 days. Not to bad also the pads come with slider boots witch you don't see included most times and if you have done a lot of brakes you will no the boots dry up and get torn when servicing the caliper sliders. First time the wife took the Jeep to work after I did the brakes she spilt her coffee all over herself and the dash when she had to lock them up on the hyway 401 when traffic went from 120 km to 0 in less the 200 meters. She said the guy in the pick up behind her almost ran into her as she was eating the stearing wheel.

Last edited by JeeP_MarK; 11-17-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Trailer brakes

Originally Posted by bebop86
guys- I have a 2012 sport with a 12 foot aluminum trailer and want to get brakes for it-what make brakes for the trailer should I get- thks
I've had really good luck with E-Trailer. Com, you will need to know a few things. Axle weight such as 3500 lb,2000 lb, or so on. There should be some kind of identification on it somewhere.

Quick Reply: what brakes to get for my trailer