JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Whats it worth? takeoff Dana 30 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/whats-worth-takeoff-dana-30-a-340022/)

Jahamm88 01-30-2017 09:54 AM

Whats it worth? takeoff Dana 30

Ok,

Just got confirmation that my new front axle should be here on friday from the holiday giveaway:rock:.

that being said i will have a Dana 30 housing with gears and axle shafts with 42k miles for sale that i dont want sitting around in my garage...anyone on here have any idea on what its really worth? ive seen a range of prices from 300-1200 depending on who is buying for a housing with gears.

I really dont want to sit on it for too long but cant afford to just give it away. any info is appreciated but any "its a 30 its not worth squat" comments please restrain yourselves there is plenty of that on here already Looking to see what its worth to someone who has broken a front end in an accident an needs a housing OR someone who wants to build up a 30

Potato Potato 01-30-2017 10:07 AM

3.21 gears? Including brakes?

jadmt 01-30-2017 10:07 AM

when my buddy swapped his dana 30 out with 3.73 gears and year old with low miles he put it on Craigslist and it sold fairly quickly for $500. Put it on your local craigslist as not many people are going to deal with shipping. You might want to put it on an alignment rack before pulling it just to prove the tubes are not bent, I know personally I would be leary of buying used housing with the D30/44 reputation of bending tubes.

Jahamm88 01-30-2017 01:39 PM

500 would be great I saw one with 18k on it go for 1200$ on ebay which seems like somebody got screwed.
that should cover the labor on the regear for the rear end. its 321 minus steering/brakes so essentially just a loaded housing.

as far as it possibly being bent..highly unlikely in my case given i got it fresh off lease with around 20K on the clock and the wheeling i do is pretty low impact/basic and its only been on 33s for the last 10K miles.

resharp001 01-30-2017 03:37 PM

I sold my 30/44 combo with 3.73 gears and a front PS diff cover a few years back. Somebody was happy to spend $1k on them both + $500 shipping, and to this day I'm still scratching my head why as they only really needed the front. I'd note that Fastenal wouldn't ship where they were going so it was a private 3rd party that took them, and yes, it was $500 to ship. I'd agree with generally around $500, but in the end, it's worth what someone will pay you for it. I bought a rear that shipped via fastenal from IL to TX and if IIRC, it was maybe $125 for shipping to give you an idea.

Jahamm88 01-30-2017 05:01 PM

It really is amazing that if you price something and give it a higher perceived value, people generally will pay what you ask for things.. I'll most likely list at 750 and take no less than 500. Thanks for the info everyone.

TheDirtman 01-30-2017 07:49 PM

about $20 per ton.

Jahamm88 01-31-2017 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by TheDirtman (Post 4274839)
about $20 per ton.

are you suggesting that its only worth scrap

TheDirtman 01-31-2017 06:23 AM

If you want to get rid of it fast. Strip the brakes and shafts and junk the rest. If you want to get good money for it be prepared for it to sit around for a couple of years while you find the one JK near you that breaks the front axle and actually see's your post that it is for sale.

jadmt 01-31-2017 09:19 AM

advertise it and if it sells for what you want then it is worth what you wanted it to be worth. If it does not sell then you know it was not worth what you thought it was. I would start at $500 and drop it $50 a week until it sells. probably end up getting $300 if you live in the right area. Also just because it is a low mile lease turn in does not mean it does not have a bent axle tube or C. somebody bounce off a curb etc can bend them. I personally would not buy one without knowing.