Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Whats it worth? takeoff Dana 30

Old 01-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Is there any market for the TJ crowd for these JK axles?

I believe the TJ's came with a Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear. Just curious if there are any significant improvements on the JK Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rears over the TJ's and how much additional effort it would be to use those axles on a TJ.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

My TJ is in Pennsylvania right now but I think they'd need to move their mounts further in to make the axle line up with the frame. There is a shop in town by me that has put a few JK axles under YJ's and TJ's- the thought is that they're a significant enough upgrade under the older vehicle that it becomes the least of their worries. They've got a TJ with JK rubi axles and it just flat out goes. He said he's more concerned about driveshafts than axle issues.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Is there any market for the TJ crowd for these JK axles?

I believe the TJ's came with a Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear. Just curious if there are any significant improvements on the JK Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rears over the TJ's and how much additional effort it would be to use those axles on a TJ.
Yes, there is, but it might not be a huge demographic that is looking for them. I bought something along the way from a guy that had purchased some JK axles to throw under his TJ.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"take no less than 500"
wow, way to really pay it forward.
If it were me, I would give it away...but then again, you did mention you can't "afford" to give it away..you know, since you were given a free pro rock and all...
In my opinion you look like an absolute douche bag - especially given the fact you made a "how much is it worth' thread.
#keepingitreal
Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
"take no less than 500"
wow, way to really pay it forward.
If it were me, I would give it away...but then again, you did mention you can't "afford" to give it away..you know, since you were given a free pro rock and all...
In my opinion you look like an absolute douche bag - especially given the fact you made a "how much is it worth' thread.
#keepingitreal
I'm not trying to being a dick just hoping to get some information from a community that has been a great resource for stuff like this. Now I will say if I started a post "what's it worth brand new loaded Currie RJ44" that would be a douchy post.
An axle upgrade was on the to do list but a few years down due to babies/work/home crap. thanks to the generosity of forum sponsors Im able to do it much much earlier at a significantly lower cost . just because the new front end was free doesn't mean the rear is and I still have to fund that somehow. if I can do it partially by selling the parts I pull from a vehicle I'm still paying for why not?? I see no foul here
Old 01-31-2017, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
I'm not trying to being a dick just hoping to get some information from a community that has been a great resource for stuff like this. Now I will say if I started a post "what's it worth brand new loaded Currie RJ44" that would be a douchy post. An axle upgrade was on the to do list but a few years down due to babies/work/home crap. thanks to the generosity of forum sponsors Im able to do it much much earlier at a significantly lower cost . just because the new front end was free doesn't mean the rear is and I still have to fund that somehow. if I can do it partially by selling the parts I pull from a vehicle I'm still paying for why not?? I see no foul here
It's your axle so who cares what you do with it! I lost the contest and I certainly don't care. Burn it in a lava pit, chuck it off a cliff, build a boat anchor, or like you plan to do..sell it! Haha. GLWS
Old 02-01-2017, 04:33 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Chuck just wants a free D30. Instead of swapping in new gears every other month, he can just swap the whole axle in and save time lol.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with trying to sell it. That is what most people would do to help fund other upgrades. Just because you won a free axle doesn't change anything.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Sounds like Chuck has stopped taking his meds again. Time for a cool drink of water and some happy pills.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Sounds like Chuck has stopped taking his meds again. Time for a cool drink of water and some happy pills.
happens to the best of us.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth? takeoff Dana 30