Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

whats your experience

Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your experience

whats your experience with a black jeep? i love the way they look, i think the best color clean. but im too scared that i will scratch it and look like shit. and please dont just say well its a jeep. i know its a jeep, but i want it to look good too.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I've had a Black TJ since 97. It's only had several real wax jobs in that time. Most people think it looks much newer than it is. The great thing about a Black Jeep is that any aftermarket bumper, rocker guard, tire carrier, etc is always color coordinated. Also, if something gets chipped, dinged, whatever....just touch it up. You'll barely notice. You're right they look great when clean and, well, when they're dirty...they look dirty. But, if you are that concerned about looks, no doubt you'll keep your looking spiffy most of the time. By the way, I've had several other black cars. Never regretted it.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

They suck in arizona.
Solar heating,constant dust, and when you do wash it,the water is so mineralized it is abrasive.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a black one in Hawaii and in Florida. Hard to keep clean (15 minute rule) , scratch's were not that bad to buff out though. Though they did show up right away.

Ron
Old 10-20-2006, 11:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Like everyone else, I love black but it really is near impossible to keep looking clean. That's why I now go with white

Quick Reply: whats your experience