Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where is the AS-1 Line?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the AS-1 Line?

Can anyone point out were the AS-1 line is on the front window of the the JKU? I have an 08 and dont see it what so ever!!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PatrickESJK
Can anyone point out were the AS-1 line is on the front window of the the JKU? I have an 08 and dont see it what so ever!!
Maybe it just doesn't have one?

Are you looking to tint your front window?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Close, I am putting a blacked out strip to completly block out the sun. The VA law is I can do what ever I want above the AS-1 line. I was hoping to find it, but I cant.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Where the windshield starts is the as1 line on the wrangler. Different than most vehicles on the road.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:48 AM
JK Freak

WOW so I have no room to play with!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Wranglers don't have one.

Most the time it's a hash mark on the side by A pillar or factory glare coloring ends. Call your inspection shop and see what they say.

Here in Del the DMV measures from the top regardless of where the line lies. Granted they usually only check it if they see you have tint on the front windows.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

What the heck is an AS-1 line?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
What the heck is an AS-1 line?
AUTO WINDOW TINTING LAWS AND TERMS EXPLAINED
State laws regarding window tint, in general, regulate the required amount of visible light transmission or VLT that passes through your tinted windows. Laws also vary depending what type vehicle you own, a passenger car or multi purpose vehicle.
As both window tint and window glass block some available light transmission, the law first defines which way it measures.
FILM - Measures the light transmission of the window tint only
FILM + GLASS - Measures the total light transmission of the window tint and glass, after the window tint has been applied to glass
VAGUE - The law/language is unclear. This means the laws are then subject to interpretation by local law enforcement.
The law now defines how dark you can tint your windows on either your passenger vehicle (typically a car) or your Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV - typically a vehicle used for passengers or deliveries on a truck chassis or 4 wheel drive). The law then can define separately how dark the windshield, front side windows, back side windows, and rear windows can be as follows.
WINDSHIELD - If a measurement appears in this area, you may have a tint visor as far down as the number of inches specified. If AS-1 appears, you may have a tint visor as far down as the AS-1 line marked on your windshield. The AS-1 is marked as such at the edge of your windshield usually about 5 inches down from the top.

From this website: http://www.autowindowtinting.com/ind...lay&pageID=135
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
AUTO WINDOW TINTING LAWS AND TERMS EXPLAINED
State laws regarding window tint, in general, regulate the required amount of visible light transmission or VLT that passes through your tinted windows. Laws also vary depending what type vehicle you own, a passenger car or multi purpose vehicle.
As both window tint and window glass block some available light transmission, the law first defines which way it measures.
FILM - Measures the light transmission of the window tint only
FILM + GLASS - Measures the total light transmission of the window tint and glass, after the window tint has been applied to glass
VAGUE - The law/language is unclear. This means the laws are then subject to interpretation by local law enforcement.
The law now defines how dark you can tint your windows on either your passenger vehicle (typically a car) or your Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV - typically a vehicle used for passengers or deliveries on a truck chassis or 4 wheel drive). The law then can define separately how dark the windshield, front side windows, back side windows, and rear windows can be as follows.
WINDSHIELD - If a measurement appears in this area, you may have a tint visor as far down as the number of inches specified. If AS-1 appears, you may have a tint visor as far down as the AS-1 line marked on your windshield. The AS-1 is marked as such at the edge of your windshield usually about 5 inches down from the top.

From this website: Auto Window Tinting
But I dont have an AS-1 Line so what is the defined mesurment for the Wrangler?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Huh.... learn something new everyday

Quick Reply: Where is the AS-1 Line?