JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   why does my 2011 rubicon not have a usb port in the center console (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/why-does-my-2011-rubicon-not-have-usb-port-center-console-166961/)

NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7 03-03-2011 09:41 PM

why does my 2011 rubicon not have a usb port in the center console

I thought it would,
I thought it would be cool to be able to pick songs on my touch screen.
dam it

i have the n what ever touch screen nav and sat radio, but not, u connect.
what up.

2 door rubicon, standard,

Steve's 95YJ 03-04-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7 (Post 2138207)
I thought it would,
dam it

what up.

Did you order the connectivity group?

I think that's the only way to get both uconnect and the USB port inside the center console.

greenenvey 03-04-2011 06:38 AM

Do you have a USB port i'n your radio ?

BKGM Jeepers 03-04-2011 06:52 AM

I have a USB port in my nav system.

largo 03-04-2011 06:58 AM

I have a 2011 Rubi Unlimited and do have a USB in my rig on the front console. I have the connectivity option and Nav. You do realize you can also download all the songs you want into the system it'self.

Spetz 03-04-2011 07:07 AM

Except there is a bug and alot of iphones and ipods are not being recognized. My iPod is not recognized using either USB port (worked in 2008 Sahara and 2010 Ram, but not 2011 Rubi), but I can stream music to the stereo from my iPhone without the 2 x speed issue alot are having.

This is not a Jeep issue but a software bug with Apple. Apparently they are aware but are in not any rush to fix it.

GrimsbyAl 03-04-2011 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7 (Post 2138207)
I thought it would,
dam it

what up.

REALLY !? of all things, your concerned your centre console doesn't have a USB port!

You also don't have a little lite to tell you when your windshield washer is low.

greenenvey 03-04-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl

REALLY !? of all things, your concerned your centre console doesn't have a USB port!

You also don't have a little lite to tell you when your windshield washer is low.

Acually the USB port is very handy I use it alot,I can't say I blame him for being bummed he dosent have one.

wazooz2424 03-04-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Spetz (Post 2138648)
Except there is a bug and alot of iphones and ipods are not being recognized. My iPod is not recognized using either USB port (worked in 2008 Sahara and 2010 Ram, but not 2011 Rubi), but I can stream music to the stereo from my iPhone without the 2 x speed issue alot are having.

This is not a Jeep issue but a software bug with Apple. Apparently they are aware but are in not any rush to fix it.

crazy you can stream audio via bluetooth but the usb wont work. mines the complete opposite.