Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Will a 2007-2010 radio fit (plug and play) in 2015?

Old 07-31-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a 2007-2010 radio fit (plug and play) in 2015?

Hi all,

I've had my 2015 2-door sport (Anvil) for a couple of weeks now and absolutely loving it. Took it out on some trails last weekend with my 5 year old and had a great time! I'm new to Jeeps and off roading, so this is a welcome revision to our lifestyle.

My question today is about the radio head unit. I have the basic radio/CD unit (no satelite radio or bluetooth) and want to install a plug and play aftermarket GPS unit that I plan to install myself. Will a unit that sais it's plug and play for 2007-2010 JK be a plug and play for a 2015? Does anyone have any cost effective suggestions on some units that I should look out for? I am no audio install expert by any means, but i'm confident I can plug things in and tighten some screws.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post up a link to the unit you are thinking about and we should be able to tell you if it will work and if you will need anything else. Since it is aftermarket unit you are looking at, you should be fine.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corupt1
Post up a link to the unit you are thinking about and we should be able to tell you if it will work and if you will need anything else. Since it is aftermarket unit you are looking at, you should be fine.

Thanks corrupt1. These are the ones I am looking at. The cheaper one is a Windows OS, the other is Android.

6 2'' Android 4 4CAR DVD Player FOR Jeep CAR With Wifi 3G GPS Navigation USB | eBay

GPS 6 2" 2DIN CAR Stereo DVD Player FOR Jeep Dodge Charger TV BT Radio | eBay

Out of curiosity, will an older stock radio work?

Quick Reply: Will a 2007-2010 radio fit (plug and play) in 2015?