Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wind noise with soft top

Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disagree. I owned 4 TJs and a CJ7 before the JK. None leaked and I know how to take care of and operate the top. Mine leaked from day one. My 2009 replacement also leaks from day one. I watched them unload it from the truck. It was not handled by anyone. The problem is the rubber header seal on the windshield and the door foam not the tops.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 08 soft top is quieter than my old YJ hard top was. I do not put it down often but have had it down at least a half a dozen times since I got it a year ago and I have not had any leaks, even in the occasional torrential rains we get here in Florida.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
wow!!!!!!

Yeah mine leaks; car wash, rain, mud puddles, oh wtf the sail panels are on wrong.
Maybe Karma is causing your leak.....

Just because yours does, if you read this thread alone you would see that many of us don't have the leak.
Don't be a hater because yours does...
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
The problem is the rubber header seal on the windshield and the door foam not the tops.
I can agree with that. So maybe instead of getting a new top, you shold have the seal and foam replaced. Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

mine was loud at first... found out the didnt put the top on correct. once it was on the right way the noise went away (well at least down to a normal soft top level)

Quick Reply: Wind noise with soft top