JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Windshield Washers Squirt Too High (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/windshield-washers-squirt-too-high-313756/)

Mschneid 11-24-2014 03:05 PM

Windshield Washers Squirt Too High

They seem to only hit the top half of my windshield, anyone else? is there a way to adjust/lower the spray pattern?

Vladimer 11-24-2014 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mschneid (Post 4015731)
They seem to only hit the top half of my windshield, anyone else? is there a way to adjust/lower the spray pattern?

I thought I remembered fiddling with mine and didn't seem to be adjustable. The adjustable ones I've seen before you can put a pin in and angle the nozzle a bit. Have you popped it out and checked if there might be a bit of gunk caught near the tip preventing it from spraying evenly?

crusaderJK 11-24-2014 03:24 PM

I replaced the washer nozzle on my 2011 with a nozzle from the 2013+.
They do have two holes instead of just one.

Jrutrubi11 11-25-2014 11:36 AM

That's what she said

calemasters 11-25-2014 01:31 PM

The nozzles are net. They are not adjustable.

Sahara Lee 11-25-2014 06:50 PM

My 2010 JKUS got bumped and the hood needing replacing. My insurance company graciously supplied the upgrade. The 2013+ dual nozzles really make a big difference, especially with mud. Where I once got a soft misting, now the washers are a dual deluge... with one on each side of the windshield, driver and passenger.

:beer:

mwtrent 11-26-2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mschneid (Post 4015731)

Check them for blockage like scale buildup or wax. In the past I have even used a needle to clean them out as well as lift them up and push them down to adjust the spray.

Jiblet 11-26-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mwtrent (Post 4016705)
Check them for blockage like scale buildup or wax. In the past I have even used a needle to clean them out as well as lift them up and push them down to adjust the spray.

I used a good sized sewing needle to widen the hole the tiniest bit. I put the point of the needle in an gently pressured downward. It did the trick, get a bit more fluid lower down on the glass.

Seems maybe the washer was designed to be used while driving at highway speeds. Or to spray the car behind you while you're stopped at a red light.

olyelr 11-28-2014 06:12 PM

Mine were the same way, even brand new when they were clean as could be.

I simply took a small flathead screw driver and pressed LIGHTLY in the hole where the fluid sprays out (toward the bottom side), making a very slight change in the hole opening. I mean very slight. Now it completely saturates my windshield with a quick squirt of the fluid.