Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Winter Soft Top storage

Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08
I saw those big stickers, but why can't you? Any Idea?
I am assuming thaat over time there could be friction between the two tops that wears holes into the soft top, or rubs off some of the weather resistance.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I am assuming thaat over time there could be friction between the two tops that wears holes into the soft top, or rubs off some of the weather resistance.

Not to mention it is a huge pain in the a$$ to put cargo in the back with both tops in place.

That is sweet Alext! I suspend mine from the ceiling so I can lower/raise it. I rigged mine up after asking the wife to help me take the hard top off once. Just once. That was scarey enough for me.

Last edited by jkinva; 09-27-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:11 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by gldwings1
Quick Stupid question. I dont want to store my Soft top under my hard top this winter. Has anyone seen a storage bag or anything for the soft top in the garage?

Thanks in advance.
Snow is creeping down the mountians here so it was time to change the tops today

I did wash the softop and windows down, dried it and cleaned it with 303 before I stored it today..............I lost the original cover....must of threw it out....

I just wrapped the top in an old blanket with some bungee straps and hooked it up on the wall with some bigger hooks. Windows I stored in my clover patch.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I'm keepin my soft top on yr round. SC doesnt get THAT cold, and it doesnt snow THAT much in MD
Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have to do that soon,....still waiting for that header fix before I give up.

I am thinking of wrapping it in that clear plastic shipping wrap to keep it from flopping around and slightly protected from the elements.....has anyone done this?

I will inform with pics if it works out well.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

I bought to of them there thing-a-ma-jigs. Hung em in my rafters, clean the top real good and put it in the pleather thing that came with the soft top and hang it from the ceiling out of the way. I will post a pic of my top hanging when I take it off.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok now that has to be the coolest storage option, me i store mine in the garage, nothing fancy though.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

I use the Turtle Wax Ice on mine after washing it real good. That stuff is the bomb! Then I'm just gonna hang it on a wall in the shed.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to wrap mine up in a blanket or something... When I put the soft top on last year, the snaps ripped, so I just threw the whole thing out. I wasn't even thinking I would need it again.

Not sure WHERE to store it, since I have a condo... no garage.

Ugh, I want a house... WITH a garage!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shellikins
I'll have to wrap mine up in a blanket or something... When I put the soft top on last year, the snaps ripped, so I just threw the whole thing out. I wasn't even thinking I would need it again.

Not sure WHERE to store it, since I have a condo... no garage.

Ugh, I want a house... WITH a garage!
I have a townhouse, I just clean the crap out of it, then store it under my stairs....you might be able to store it in a closet of your condo...behind some of the jackets or whatever crap you have in there..probably wont even see it.

Quick Reply: Winter Soft Top storage