Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Won't complain about my after market warranty anymore....

Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't complain about my after market warranty anymore....

Went to leave for work thursday morning. Tried putting my jeep into reverse. No tension what so ever. Had this happen once before, and it was a broken shift link. Last time it was on a boat ramp, so i guess this time is a little better. I drove the wife's car to work and came back to it later. Put the t case in neutral and rolled it off the driveway. Parking brake and a friend to hit the brakes, i crawled underneath it and shifted it manually at the transmission into drive. Then i drove it to the stealership. I have an aftermarket warranty that i have been bitchin about almost since the dealer talked me into it. So the lady said she would look it over and give me a call. I mentioned a oil leak that was new and i noticed when i was shifting it. A day later, she calls. Timing cover leaking, oil pan leaking, shift link broke in two pieces, and throttle body shot. $2000 worth of work, and it's costing me $100. I got lucky that they covered the shift link. Them covering everything else make me feel like i won the lottery. I have never had anything good come of dealing with that dealership. Truly surprised they didn't blame my lift and 35's and say i had to pay.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Nice! I've been hearing a lot about warranties not being honored because of lifts, kinda has me rethinking the whole desire to do it, especially since I was recently worried that I had hydrolocked mine, turned out to be water in a sensor connector but the factory warranty is still in effect and although I want to lift her, I do enjoy when repairs are little to nothing out of pocket
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Throttle body shot? Please explain
Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

On your oil pan...did the have to replace both seals? I just had both of mine done, and the cam shaft was leaking
Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Wow. Just stumbled upon this thread. Didn't realize I had replies. Yes, they replaced both oil pan seals. And the throttle body was sticking at random throttle positions. I could tell something was off with it but never bothered to look into it.

Quick Reply: Won't complain about my after market warranty anymore....