Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

wont turn off?????

Old 02-09-2019, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont turn off?????

hello everyone, i have a 2010 jeep wrangler, the other day i went to turn it off, i tunred the key to the off position, pulled the key out and got out the jeep and noticed it was still running. i went home, killed it by starving it for air, it fires up fine, drains the battery, so im thinking something is keeping power to my ignition system draining the battery, i changed the battery and ignition switch on it and still the same thing. has anyone had this issue before? i havent found anything searching so far
Old 02-09-2019, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Seems like I recall the Wireless Control Module being one of the things that can cause this.

In another case I recall, the JK owner had unplugged the sub-woofer. When he plugged it back in, the JK would shut off normally.

Don't let it run very long with the key off. There is a chance the fan won't come on when it's called for.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I drove the Jeep and the throttle response is crazy weird and the cruse control isn’t working now and it won’t shift into 4th gear, so im thinking it’s the ECM
Old 07-21-2021, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Did anyone have a solution to this problem? My 2018 JKU is doing the same thing, has been to the local dealership 3 times and they can’t seem to fix it.

Quick Reply: wont turn off?????